• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Thank you gentlemen.

Bigfoot21075, it's hard to stop a Trane. Well done sir.
    5f08a8459e8b7444c55b37e4_hvac-slogans.jpg

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Funny you should say that, I need you because my Trane stopped........ After THIRTY SEVEN YEARS of flawless running I might add.

If/when you buy a new heat pump system, lower your expectations.
    The phrase “they don’t make them like they used to” applies.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Have used H and C in the past and they were awesome.
    They have taken a LOT of my $ in the past 25 years I have been using them and I have given it willingly and am Happy for it. ALL my systems in the new place we moved into 5 years ago are completely swapped out and man, system is running great. Wish I did that upgrade sooner is my only complaint. Class act of a company and employees there. No place is perfect, but they stand behind their product and service I can tell you that.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    I took the cover off to look at the only thing I know about on a heat pump and lucked out. The capacitor that controls the fan was blown. That ham radio stuff keeps paying dividend. I am going to see if I can get it to last to 40 years then send Trane an email offering to do a commercial for them in exchange for a new heat pump :lol2:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    37 years from a heat pump? I would give it a medal. Kind of like my dad's 1995 Ford F-150.
    HAHA fabs, my '94 has him beaten by a year, and once I make it through this Spring, I get to do some brakes and other service work on my '88 F250. Now that I got " stuck" with a Toyota 4 Runner @ great cost, I can only hope to fulfill my one Ford dream. To drive my 250 till I die. Pretty sure I can get it to 500k if Gas isn't $25 a gallon by then or Illegal.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They have taken a LOT of my $ in the past 25 years I have been using them and I have given it willingly and am Happy for it. ALL my systems in the new place we moved into 5 years ago are completely swapped out and man, system is running great. Wish I did that upgrade sooner is my only complaint. Class act of a company and employees there. No place is perfect, but they stand behind their product and service I can tell you that.
    Thank you. Your family is a pleasure to work for. Of course you didn’t mention it here but years ago we had a very unfortunate incident at one of your properties. I got there as quickly as I could and was greeted by two kind ladies that had every reason in the world to be highly upset at us. Instead they were gracious and understanding that sometimes things happen. I’ve never forgotten that moment of preparing myself to be blasted and instead being greeted with a smile. Our company hasn't forgotten it either as we now make sure to take extra, extra precautions when running a hot torch near a sprinkler head.
    37 years from a heat pump? I would give it a medal. Kind of like my dad's 1995 Ford F-150.
    Here you go.
    3A839A60-3AD8-4AED-AD2A-BAC4994F85D4.jpeg

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Thank you. Your family is a pleasure to work for. Of course you didn’t mention it here but years ago we had a very unfortunate incident at one of your properties. I got there as quickly as I could and was greeted by two kind ladies that had every reason in the world to be highly upset at us. Instead they were gracious and understanding that sometimes things happen. I’ve never forgotten that moment of preparing myself to be blasted and instead being greeted with a smile. Our company hasn't forgotten it either as we now make sure to take extra, extra precautions when running a hot torch near a sprinkler head.

Here you go.
    View attachment 409049
    Brian, I'll tell you what's wrong with your company...you are too far away from me to sell, install and maintain new units for my house :innocent0 I am going to have to buy them from someone I don't know. :sad20:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I got there as quickly as I could and was greeted by two kind ladies that had every reason in the world to be highly upset at us. Instead they were gracious and understanding that sometimes things happen. I’ve never forgotten that moment of preparing myself to be blasted and instead being greeted with a smile.
    Life is funny that way.

Humbling too. And smiles are free. They also go a long way in soothing unhappy people.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I took the cover off to look at the only thing I know about on a heat pump and lucked out. The capacitor that controls the fan was blown. That ham radio stuff keeps paying dividend. I am going to see if I can get it to last to 40 years then send Trane an email offering to do a commercial for them in exchange for a new heat pump :lol2:
    I mean maybe. But with a system from 1986, depending on tonnage, what you tend to set your thermostat at, and replacement costs, a new system might pay for itself in under 10 years. Possibly a lot sooner.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I mean maybe. But with a system from 1986, depending on tonnage, what you tend to set your thermostat at, and replacement costs, a new system might pay for itself in under 10 years. Not sure what, if any tax credits there might be on more efficient systems. That would help that much more

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom