• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    Does anybody recognize this head stamp?

Picked up about 100 5.56 cases at Hap Baker for reload. I've checked the usual resources to identify it, but best I can do is possibly Spanish or Israeli.

headstamp.jpg

Thanks.

JavaDan

Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    You are apparently correct, James.

You put me on the right track.

There seems to be some confusion about the primer type. It is advertised as Berdan, but some same it is actually Boxer.

Rather than risk breaking the primer pin in my sizing die, I'll sacrifice a case to tear apart and examine the web for the primer holes.

Thanks.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    You are apparently correct, James.

You put me on the right track.

There seems to be some confusion about the primer type. It is advertised as Berdan, but some same it is actually Boxer.

Rather than risk breaking the primer pin in my sizing die, I'll sacrifice a case to tear apart and examine the web for the primer holes.

Thanks.

or you could just get a flashlight and look inside.. 2 holes = berdan, 1=boxer

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Doesn't that ammo have a really bad reputation? I wonder if the brass is any good.

Some Google searches showed that most of the rifle ammo was made in Bosnia by Igman. That is good stuff. Some of the handgun ammo was made a by a terrible US ammo maker. That stuff you should run away from.

The 5.56 ammo was good.

The "HotShot" brand was an ammo line from Century Arms. They bought ammo from various makers and resold it under their brand.

If you come across the ammo, check the boxes, those marked "Made in US" avoid, the imported stuff is good.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Some Google searches showed that most of the rifle ammo was made in Bosnia by Igman. That is good stuff. Some of the handgun ammo was made a by a terrible US ammo maker. That stuff you should run away from.

The 5.56 ammo was good.

The "HotShot" brand was an ammo line from Century Arms. They bought ammo from various makers and resold it under their brand.

If you come across the ammo, check the boxes, those marked "Made in US" avoid, the imported stuff is good.

Thats for the info.:party29:

JavaDan

Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    or you could just get a flashlight and look inside.. 2 holes = berdan, 1=boxer

Cases are Boxer primed (yes - flashlight method was easier :o).

Cases look to be in good shape, so I'll reload them. Don't want to waste usable brass.

Thanks.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Cases are Boxer primed (yes - flashlight method was easier :o).

Cases look to be in good shape, so I'll reload them. Don't want to waste usable brass.

Thanks.

you are good to go then.. :D:thumbsup: it looks like a military crimp also.. so a little more work need to be done to it. good luck and post back how the reload works out..

JavaDan

Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    you are good to go then.. :D:thumbsup: it looks like a military crimp also.. so a little more work need to be done to it. good luck and post back how the reload works out..

The crimp is no problem - I bought a Dillon Super Swage. It's a snap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom