• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    While generally true...

Are you then willing to just continue to taker it deeper and deeper?? You say yourself that's how it's going.

Or, will you step up with the rest of us who are not willing to take it any longer and at least make a valiant effort?

Or, are you in the cut-and-run group, who aren't even going to try, and keep moving unti the locusts surround you.

Your call.

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    IMHO, the Democratic political environment is essentially reactive. Having passed a major piece of gun control legislation, I suspect that no additional legislation will be passed unless there is a mass shooting n

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Mr H

IMHO, the Democratic political environment is essentially reactive. Having passed a major piece of gun control legislation, I suspect that no additional legislation will be passed unless there is a mass shooting n

And this is precisely why we have been getting out ahead of these things the past couple years, rather than wait to see how they address things.

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    While I understand your frustration, you might wish to read the Gulag archipelago, by Solzhenitsyn. Our life is a bed of roses in comparison to his.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    In the last few years, I have donated more money to the NRA, NAGR, SAF, and others than I have spent on guns, ammo ect. I probably could have done more in person( not that I haven't ) but lets be honest money talks in politics. And I run my mouth to anyone who is in earshot of me.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    While that is true, those are different circumstances, ours is more in line with the Marxist idea of the class warfare/ income inequality than all out armed revolution. But make no mistake we are headed to the same end.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    While I have no doubts there are those in the leadership that would love a full on ban, I am not convinced they will do anything in the next few years to increase 281. My spidey senses tell me that politicians read polls, and as I've said multiple times, gun control is a LOSING issue. Everyone knows MOM is running for President, and I suspect as soon as he goes down in a ball of flames because of his push for 281, all of his "supporters" will run for the hills.

Mr H

I so hope you're right Ags...

But knowing these lemmings, they will keep plodding along, even if there are only 2 left, with the media at their side.

So, we will always have an uphill battle. But battle we must, or else we might as well curl up and beg for mercy.

So if we push forward, we do it with eyes open, smart, and coordinated.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Wishful thinking, when you give these people a inch they want the whole thing. History repeats itself. How is gun control a losing issue? With the exception of a few in Colorado how has lost? All of the main players in the anti movement are still where they were before.

Mr H

Why are they still there? Simple.

Four-year election cycle. Come on, open your eyes.

Now is the time to give this a go.

Many of us have been preparing for 2014 for at least 18 months, now.

Foresight is far better than anything else they've come up with.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    They are waiting to see what the election fallout will be after SB 281 which is why the next election is so important. The more people who voted for SB 281 get punished by getting booted out or even just bad numbers in the election the less likely they will be to poke the bear.

Get everybody you know registered and get them to the polls. Register DINO and make their primary numbers stink. They watch election numbers very closely because it is their career and their ticket on the gravy train.

You would be surprised how many gun owners are not registered and don't vote. Ask all your buddies and you will see why these liberals win. Time is running out the primaries are in JUNE!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But meanwhile at the OP :

You say you are planning to eventually purchase an HBAR.

At present the supply is plentiful , and the prices have returned to essentially normal.

So fill in the blanks and proceede as indicated.

Or, are you in the cut-and-run group, who aren't even going to try, and keep moving unti the locusts surround you.

Wow, jealousy is an UGLY thing...

Life is too short to live it in Maryland. I'm a cut and runner, as you call it.

Allow me to make an equally offensive retort, then. Essentially, if you're a gun owner and are still living in Maryland and not actively planning your exit, you are basically an enabbler for gun banners. Your presence in effect condones these laws because you choose to comply with them. Exceptions of course for those who have remained and made the choice to become criminal scofflaws who violate MD's gun laws - you guys are OK by me, because you're making a statement. But the rest of y'all? Quislings... You'll submit to anything. When this state finally gets around to banning whatever's left, you guys will be shoving each other getting to the front of the line to turn it in. Then you'll rat and snitch on the people who didn't. Because if you can't have your guns, they shouldn't either, right? And the income taxes you pay to the state help buy the jackboot that's stepping on your necks...

You are NEVER going to overcome the demographic realities of this state. Ever. EVER.

It's full of liberals (who vote), illegals (who vote) and welfare parasites (who vote multiple times).

500,000 gun owners are never going to have a chance in a state with 3,000,000 liberals, illegals and parasites.

Moving is the ONLY option you people have. Because if you stay, sooner or later, you're going to be either disarmed fully, or legislated into being a felon. Look at Connecticut and NY - millions of felons waiting to be created, all it takes is one law enforcement contact where a prohibited item is found to get the process started - and MD will be next. You can spout all the nonsense you want about fighting this law and fighting that law, about taking it to the courts (how'd that go recently?) or how many people you can fit on Lawyer's Mall on a Tuesday at lunchtime - none of it matters. It's simple numbers - they have more, and don't give a damn what you do.

Move. Now.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    They are waiting to see what the election fallout will be after SB 281 which is why the next election is so important. The more people who voted for SB 281 get punished by getting booted out or even just bad numbers in the election the less likely they will be to poke the bear.

Get everybody you know registered and get them to the polls. Register DINO and make their primary numbers stink. They watch election numbers very closely because it is their career and their ticket on the gravy train.

You would be surprised how many gun owners are not registered and don't vote. Ask all your buddies and you will see why these liberals win. Time is running out the primaries are in JUNE!

This exactly, and well said.

If we are unsuccessful in getting some of those who voted for SB281 not reelected and generally hurt their poll ratings, things will be much worse next year.

Already a lot of them at least talk like they support gun rights, and many even voted for Ammendments to SB281, because they were afraid of political backlash, or were genuinely on the fence. The more of us that are vocal, educate, and vote; the better it will be.

Funny thing happens to most people as they get more established; they become more conservative. Look at history, Irish pulled themselves out of virtual slavery, as did the Chinese immigrants that helped build our railroad system. Look at how a lot of minorities vote once they are not trapped in an endless entitlement loop.

The only certain way to lose is to not try. Those that have tried, and in the end decided on a multitude of factors that leaving this state was their best option are not quiters, their just doing what's best for themselves. I get that. But demoralizing the rest of us, or dissuading folks sitting on the fence from standing up and joining the fight... I don't get.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The commies will win. The ducks are all lined up, and we who are on the wrong side will lose. These liberal states on the east coast are trying to out do each other with the most blatant laws against freedom that they will never stop. Piece by piece they have destroyed the 2nd amedment starting a long time ago. We have had laws against that will keep getting worse. First it was a 7 day waiting period now they are trying to pass no release till they decide. 20 round mag restriction then 10. This list goes on. Anybody that thinks they will stop is in a fantasy land. One degree at a time.

:thumbsup:
    The leading antis make no bones about admitting their goal is a total national ban on all guns. Period. And most of them have been in office forever. Think Feinstein, Boxer and Schumer for starters.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Wow, jealousy is an UGLY thing...

Life is too short to live it in Maryland. I'm a cut and runner, as you call it.

Allow me to make an equally offensive retort, then. Essentially, if you're a gun owner and are still living in Maryland and not actively planning your exit, you are basically an enabbler for gun banners. Your presence in effect condones these laws because you choose to comply with them. Exceptions of course for those who have remained and made the choice to become criminal scofflaws who violate MD's gun laws - you guys are OK by me, because you're making a statement. But the rest of y'all? Quislings... You'll submit to anything. When this state finally gets around to banning whatever's left, you guys will be shoving each other getting to the front of the line to turn it in. Then you'll rat and snitch on the people who didn't. Because if you can't have your guns, they shouldn't either, right? And the income taxes you pay to the state help buy the jackboot that's stepping on your necks...

You are NEVER going to overcome the demographic realities of this state. Ever. EVER.

It's full of liberals (who vote), illegals (who vote) and welfare parasites (who vote multiple times).

500,000 gun owners are never going to have a chance in a state with 3,000,000 liberals, illegals and parasites.

Moving is the ONLY option you people have. Because if you stay, sooner or later, you're going to be either disarmed fully, or legislated into being a felon. Look at Connecticut and NY - millions of felons waiting to be created, all it takes is one law enforcement contact where a prohibited item is found to get the process started - and MD will be next. You can spout all the nonsense you want about fighting this law and fighting that law, about taking it to the courts (how'd that go recently?) or how many people you can fit on Lawyer's Mall on a Tuesday at lunchtime - none of it matters. It's simple numbers - they have more, and don't give a damn what you do.

Move. Now.

Not everyone has the luxury or means to pack up and move. And you went to where, VA? You're only a few elections behind MD type laws. How far can you afford to run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom