HB0824 (2023) - Public Safety - Regulated Firearms - Possession and Permits to Carry, Wear, and Transport a Handgun

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Ive been a member of MSI for a while, renewed again recently with what little extra capital I had at the time.

I just want to find a way to stick it to em.

I mean the nearly double in cost alone is enough for me.. Sure, I make $85k/yr.. but that is single income family of 6... it doesn't go far.
    From talking to Mark I can say that it will likely be easy to find plaintiffs for the big stuff. Fee increases, the ban on carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. The challenge is the more niche sensitive places. Specific health care facilities etc.

Look through final text of 824 and SB1 when it's all done and see what you can do. I'm hoping to help myself.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    From talking to Mark I can say that it will likely be easy to find plaintiffs for the big stuff. Fee increases, the ban on carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. The challenge is the more niche sensitive places. Specific health care facilities etc.

Look through final text of 824 and SB1 when it's all done and see what you can do. I'm hoping to help myself.
    824 is already passed... can pull final text from MGA website...all that awaits is Gov signature.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Final text usually has an E at the end of the file name, for Enrolled version.

T is for Third reader

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    What I tried to understand from the third reader was that it lacked the final amendments. It would be nice to see the act of the legislature before sine die, but as I’ve said many times before, what will really matter, will be what MSP decides to (or is told to) enforce in COMAR in September.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    So they reversed the 2 years BACK to 3 year permits. Interesting.
    While I disagree with all gun control, I don't see much of this being overturned in the courts; unless we managed to get an activist constitutionalist judge. Unlike SB1 which is directly challenging SCOTUS, this one is more subtle, and I don't predict a win on these ones.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    They want a report that itemizes gender among other things at the same time they are using tax money to affirm care for gender choice. Gender changes are not natural therefore, it is a mental illness. Those people cannot get a permit.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    So they reversed the 2 years BACK to 3 year permits. Interesting.
    While I disagree with all gun control, I don't see much of this being overturned in the courts; unless we managed to get an activist constitutionalist judge. Unlike SB1 which is directly challenging SCOTUS, this one is more subtle, and I don't predict a win on these ones.
    Easiest pickings here are the fees. Evidently tons of SCOTUS case law on fees related to rights. The fiscal note stated this would be 100% profit for the state. So hopefully that one can get hammered

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Easiest pickings here are the fees. Evidently tons of SCOTUS case law on fees related to rights. The fiscal note stated this would be 100% profit for the state. So hopefully that one can get hammered
    Maybe, high hopes but low expectations. Given the Senate was smarter about it and only increased $25 vs the house's doubling... the judge MAY see that as reasonable. I agree with you that it's not, however neither you nor I are judges seeing these matters... and as the MGA has so deftly shown, they don't understand common sense either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom