• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just to be Devil's advocate the real bottom line problem is gridlock of unresponsive idiot legislator who remain in place forever.

If we had less of built in incumbent advantage , and a functional two party system and actual contested elections, we would have lots of fresh blood , and more accountability to the people.

The other nagging "what if" , is what if we had a reincarnation of Thomas Jefferson , or T Roosevelt , or Reagan. Would we want to kick them out after 6 yrs ?

To borrow a phrase , reelected politicians should be safe, legal , rare, and only in exceptional cases.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    It was time to send my twit delegates a little reminder that I'm still around so I decided to send them this little note today. Of course, as has been stated previously, it is not likely that the securely entrenched are going to give this bill a snowball's chance in Hades, but at least it is a reminder to them that there are more and different people watching their every move now which may not have been the case in freer times.

"As a Democratic resident of District 13, I am in favor of this Bill.

Unfortunately, the ability of many MD senators and delegates to get elected and then remain in office seemingly forever has , in my opinion, led to the unchecked, bully MD legislature that exists today. Senators and Delegates appear to pledge allegiance to the governor or solely to their political party, completely ignoring their constituents and doing it with blatant impunity because there is little to hold them accountable. I am actually in favor of limiting terms to two, the same as for the President of the U.S. and the Md governor. I am also in favor of some sort of recall procedure for particularly egregious members.

This state is on way too many national negative top 10 lists: highest taxes, least attractive to businesses, most property foreclosures, least attractive to retirees (of which I am one), high crime rate (in spite of some of the strictest gun control laws in the country), etc. etc.

Change is needed in this state and a good start would be to get rid of some of the neanderthals that are currently lounging forever in their seats and being dutiful lemmings to someone or some thing other than their constituents."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom