HB-115: Task Force to Study Firearms and Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) Devices

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    If he is so into using gps he should consider using them to track the illegals or should I say undocumented democrats in MD.

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    I could see this being gutted and amended as a bill requiring all new handguns to be manufactured with an RFID chip. They would likely state that such a chip would be able to store the data and fingerprints of every owner or some crap.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Another valuable law enforcement tool that's needed for reasons I can't go into because if I did bad guys might learn how to use it to their advantage. But trust me on this it's for the children, if you don't have it terrorists win, and if you disagree with being tracked by the state while taking part in completely lawful and constitutionally protected activities then you must be a LEO hater.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am betting he wants the firearm to transmit its location as well. So that would also require a transmitter of some sort. More power consumption, Depending on where it is mounted in the handgun (grip)the signal would be diminished/cancelled just by simply holding the firearm.

He probably watches too much TV or movie dramas where the good guys can get a location just because someone has a GPS. Thinking that the units "talk" to the satellites.

Oh, and if the devices transmit, there are is the little hoop of FCC regulations and licensing.

And then, how are they going to keep the charged? Another law that says all firearms must be plugged into a charger for X hours per day????? :)

Mr H

Banana'd
    I could see this being gutted and amended as a bill requiring all new handguns to be manufactured with an RFID chip. They would likely state that such a chip would be able to store the data and fingerprints of every owner or some crap.

This is the thing I would worry could come of something like this, eventually.

But, again, there would be so many untrackable LEGALLY owned firearms out there as to make it useless.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    And then, how are they going to keep the charged? Another law that says all firearms must be plugged into a charger for X hours per day????? :)

Criminals are meticulous about maintaining things that are going to report their whereabouts and they are not about to disable such devices either because that would be wrong.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I think I just figured out that the way our elected leaders are going it's going to be cheaper and easier to track everyone they don't consider a criminal.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    Criminals are meticulous about maintaining things that are going to report their whereabouts and they are not about to disable such devices either because that would be wrong.

Carrying a device that jams the signal or transmits some other guns hacked information would be pretty simple as proven with RFID technology. But as you point out, that would be wrong. Therefore, criminals would never consider it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Carrying a device that jams the signal or transmits some other guns hacked information would be pretty simple as proven with RFID technology. But as you point out, that would be wrong.

Drilling a hole through the area where the device is installed or popping it in the microwave for a few seconds would also be wrong.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I say incorporate gps tracking devices in the bullets themselves.

That way, any criminal getting away after being shot can be located at the nearest emergency room, flop house, or skank pad.

Just spit-balling here.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I say incorporate gps tracking devices in the bullets themselves.

That way, any criminal getting away after being shot can be located at the nearest emergency room, flop house, or skank pad.

Just spit-balling here.

I call it a blood trail :D

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    In light of the state's secure handling of sensitive personal information of gun owners in the past, we can all sleep well knowing the system would never be hacked by burglars looking to score a few guns. Is this fools memory so poor as to have forgotten the furor over the NSA's phone snooping?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    In light of the state's secure handling of sensitive personal information of gun owners in the past, we can all sleep well knowing the system would never be hacked by burglars looking to score a few guns. Is this fools memory so poor as to have forgotten the furor over the NSA's phone snooping?

In order to grasp their line of thinking, you must step out of your freedom loving, responsible citizen mindset for a brief moment and consider the mentality of some legislators that we are mere subjects to be monitored and controlled, and that privacy/respect for our "little lives" is irrelative to their grand plans.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    In order to grasp their line of thinking, you must step out of your freedom loving, responsible citizen mindset for a brief moment and consider the mentality of some legislators that we are mere subjects to be monitored and controlled, and that privacy/respect for our "little lives" is irrelative to their grand plans.

We'll gladly let them underestimate us again.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    This idea is about as ludicrous as the ammo micro stamping proposed last year. No gun manufacturer will sell their product to a state with requirements that are totally different from the other 49.

Plus, this is a large proposed task force whose time could be better spend working on more relevant, more practical issues.

As I said before, another Balto City mental midget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom