• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    From the linked article:
    The state of Hawaii has expanded concealed carry, though many public places where people can carry their firearms have also been prohibited under the governor's watch.

Gov. Josh Brown (D) signed the legislation on Friday, which forbids people from carrying their guns to various places, including beaches, hospitals, stadiums, bars that serve alcohol, and movie theaters. If a private business wishes to allow their customers to conceal carry, they must post the proper sign informing the customers that it is allowed, according to the Associated Press.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not only that, but If you carry in Hawaii, if over 5 days, you need to register your pistol with the county PD.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    It took them 6 years to accept caetano / stun guns. The resistance. They spit in the eye of bruen in a couple of months. NY spit faster, and NJ CA MD, all feeling the Same way.

they’ll drag this on out as long as possible, same as young (about 10 years) and if they lose, they’ll do more similar and drag that. Link to taser case thread here

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    My simple thought...

As long as they are creating these infringements by copying each other's laws, only one needs to get to SCOTUS to nullify all.

My happy spin on all this BS.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I maintain that we need legislative protection as well as the courts. A Firearms Rights Protective Act at the Federal level, similar to the Voting Rights Act. We know there are certain Barbarian States...under a FRPA, any firearm law passed by those states is presumed unconstitutional until proven otherwise, with the burden of proof being on the State.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I've said it before, but without consequences for spitting in the face of SCOTUS decisions, politicians will continue to undermine gun owners' rights with impunity. Send a couple of these troglodytes to jail and perhaps they will rethink their positions. But sadly, I'm deluding myself.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I've said it before, but without consequences for spitting in the face of SCOTUS decisions, politicians will continue to undermine gun owners' rights with impunity. Send a couple of these troglodytes to jail and perhaps they will rethink their positions. But sadly, I'm deluding myself.
    Posted in the Bianchi v Brown/Frosh thread

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    From the linked article:
    The state of Hawaii has expanded concealed carry, though many public places where people can carry their firearms have also been prohibited under the governor's watch.

Gov. Josh Brown (D) signed the legislation on Friday, which forbids people from carrying their guns to various places, including beaches, hospitals, stadiums, bars that serve alcohol, and movie theaters. If a private business wishes to allow their customers to conceal carry, they must post the proper sign informing the customers that it is allowed, according to the Associated Press.
    There’s a copy cat afoot.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There’s a copy cat afoot.

Brilliant ideas supposedly spontaneously generate in similar minds more or less simultaneously.

Apparently stupid ideas are similar in that regard. Of course, you could always blame in on the internet. It may be time for Al Gore to face the music for what he has done? (Might as well get John Kerry as well; not that he has had any ideas, but let's face it, he well deserves to get what's coming to him, good and hard*.)

*Blame H L Mencken. He said it first.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    My simple thought...

As long as they are creating these infringements by copying each other's laws, only one needs to get to SCOTUS to nullify all.

My happy spin on all this BS.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Yep. If we assume another state's laws get to SCOTUS first then Hawaii will have trouble saying their law is different.
    They'll try of course saying "We're different," but it won't work.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It's no coincidence that like Portland, Seattle, Chicago...retailers in Honolulu have either shuttered their doors or threatened to.

You could almost see a pattern if you weren't a bunch of leftist scumbags.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    How so? (where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise)

It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds
    While he was a big anti, especially regarding handguns, he had a permit and a gun given to him by Elvis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom