Have you ever been ARRESTED for a violation of any criminal law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spikelee

Oct 3, 2014
    There are many professions outside of law that work with clients.

One of then has already commented in this thread. I think the "I have a client...ccw..." should be a good clue. PM him. (FABSBROMAN) I don't mean to be a smart a$$, but I couldn't resist.

There are a couple good 2A attorneys on here. Look in the IP section.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    They know if you have been arrested, charged, or convicted. They want to see if you will lie to them about it and then use this in their decision on weather or not to let someone that will lie to them carry a gun....... IMO.

It's almost like a written lie detector test. You can't expect them to tell you how to answer the questions.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I was arrested and charged with assault. I put that on my application for carry permit. I am on my first renewal.

All that matters is a conviction or PBJ.

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    I would personally feel much safer disclosing that I had been arrested (regardless of the disposition). You may need to provide additional documentation/explanation, but the mere arrest (without conviction/PBJ) should not prohibit you anyway, correct? I would err on the side of being completely truthful, and not have to worry about potential accusations of attempted deception/perjury etc. I agree with the parallel with a polygraph test...they know the answers to the questions, and just want to see if you're going to lie. I'm not saying that an answer of no IS (or is not) a lie (IANAL). I'm not giving any advice as to what you are legally required to disclose (because I don't know); just my intuition that if you answer "yes," you don't have to worry about getting hemmed up in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom