Has anyone ever made a .25 ACP long gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I need help settling a disagreement with a buddy. He maintains that he once saw a long-gun (older semi-auto) that was chambered for the .25 ACP. From what he described it supposedly looked something like a Remington Model 8. He can’t remember anything else about it (something he looked at a gun show long ago). He said it wasn't a 25 Stevens (although I don't know that they ever made a semi-auto in that either).

I could be wrong, but I don’t think anyone has ever made a long-gun in .25 ACP. He might have seen an old .32 and gotten it wrong… Just wanted to see if anyone has ever heard of a .25 ACP long gun? I think he was drunk… :D but if there is one out there, I would love to know.

Thanks.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I don't think a manufacturer ever made a 25ACP rifle. Over the years, some folks have converted old .25 Stevens rimfire rifles and Romanian 22LR training rifles to 25ACP.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    Sounds like it could have been either one of those options (probably the 25 Remington)... as long as it wasn't manufactured as .25 ACP, I don't owe him a beer.

Thanks!

it was probably a remington 8 that he saw. When he asked what calibur and the guy at the gun show said 25.

Most people would automatically assume when someone says 25, they mean 25 ACP. Most people have never heard of a 25 remington.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For a time back in the day there was a Philipine made AR " kind of look like " chambered in .32acp.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    A rifle in .25acp??? The bullet would prolly stop in a 24" barrel before exiting the muzzle............:lol2:

I actually found one of the spent bullets from my Colt 1908, I was shooting at an empty ammo box at 15 yards, it didn't make it all the way thru the plastic tray. :o

But at less than 15 yards, that could sting some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom