• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I think it needs to be snaked out the main line (total guess). The basement utility sink and the sink in the basement bathroom are backing up with little chunks in it. I ran that pvc friendly sulfuric crap down from main floor sinks/toilets to basement sinks toilets and it didn't unclog it (helped, but didn't knock it out).

turbofire

Oct 9, 2008
    I would consider doing it being as you are so close to me, however, I am not normally equipped to do main sewer lines as it requires a much larger machine (we don't take the larger machines home on the weekends). If you have multiple fixtures in your basement backing up your problem is most likely in your main line. Sorry I couldn't help ya out.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I would consider doing it being as you are so close to me, however, I am not normally equipped to do main sewer lines as it requires a much larger machine (we don't take the larger machines home on the weekends). If you have multiple fixtures in your basement backing up your problem is most likely in your main line. Sorry I couldn't help ya out.

I have roto rooter here now for a free estimate and he said its not the main line. I guess thats good. I have no idea what he'll charge for this :sad20:

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I have roto rooter here now for a free estimate and he said its not the main line. I guess thats good. I have no idea what he'll charge for this

i'd be intrested what they charge for a system check. I have a basement toilet that just refuses to flush anymore. the water just slowly spins around with nothing going down. The stange part is that my basemnent sink, shower, and laundry tub all drain fine. Not sure what the problem is.:sad20:

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    $350 was the final total. I bought some cleaner too for $15, and the guy was professional, got here within an hour of me calling it in, and explained everything to me. The line had a nasty clog somewhere between the main floor and the basement, and the nasty acid I bought at Lowes damn near burned my nose and lungs out when it bubbled back up :sad20:

I hate spending the money, but I was pleased overall with Roto Rooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom