• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justpassing

Anti-Anti-Gun
    I might be going, have a friend who just came back from Afghanistan who wants to try out my toys.
    Pretty long drive, but will coordinate with them to see whats up.

I'm located in Rockville by the way. What direction you all coming from?

whats the cost for the range?
    :edit: stupid google map wont correctly route me to that area.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I might be going, have a friend who just came back from Afghanistan who wants to try out my toys.
    Pretty long drive, but will coordinate with them to see whats up.

I'm located in Rockville by the way. What direction you all coming from?

whats the cost for the range?
    :edit: stupid google map wont correctly route me to that area.

Range cost is $15 per person/daily, They have an $85 year pass well. (those rates are for out of county users)

There is a small map with some info on the on brochure the range has. http://ccgovernment.carr.org/ccg/recpark/hapbaker.pdf

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    I'm going in the AM tomorrow at approx 1000, after Easter morning with he family, and when I come home, I'll eat East dinner, then clean the guns :D

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Got to make my 2x a year appearance in church. Easter...., That bunny must be still pissed at me for taking out his brother or sister. I haven't gotten any eggs in years.

Justpassing

Anti-Anti-Gun
    confirmed that they are open on easter? don't want to make an hour plus drive there.
    also i assume they have the brochures already at the range to fill out for the day pass.
    Can't shoot my shotty due to no rear sight but will bring some slugs/sabot if anyone would not mind me testing their weapon out.
    I'll let you shoot mine.
    Gonna figure how to identify myself... probably put on some cat ears while shooting.(lady friend gave them to me lol) :D

EDIT 50th time.. anyone have a good bore sighter? been looking online for some but pretty mixed reviews so would like to try one before I buy.
    looking for something that can fit a 7mm mag and 5.56(.223)

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    confirmed that they are open on easter? don't want to make an hour plus drive there.
    also i assume they have the brochures already at the range to fill out for the day pass.
    Can't shoot my shotty due to no rear sight but will bring some slugs/sabot if anyone would not mind me testing their weapon out.
    I'll let you shoot mine.
    Gonna figure how to identify myself... probably put on some cat ears while shooting.(lady friend gave them to me lol) :D

EDIT 50th time.. anyone have a good bore sighter? been looking online for some but pretty mixed reviews so would like to try one before I buy.
    looking for something that can fit a 7mm mag and 5.56(.223)

They can bore sight for you at the range. Ask for Bill and he will take care of you. I'm packing up now and I'll be there til about noon. Look for the chubby short guy with a beard shooting an SPR, stainless Ruger rifle, and a Glock.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    good meeting you today Russ. I'm forgetting your name now, but you were with Russ too, with the XDm...good meeting you too!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    good meeting you today Russ. I'm forgetting your name now, but you were with Russ too, with the XDm...good meeting you too!

That was Mike (MDCXD) It was nice meeting you too Steve. For any of you that see HonestFool03 on the pistol range do not challenge him to a round of pistol shooting. This guy is lights out with a pistol, any pistol.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    That was Mike (MDCXD) It was nice meeting you too Steve. For any of you that see HonestFool03 on the pistol range do not challenge him to a round of pistol shooting. This guy is lights out with a pistol, any pistol.

hahah, thanks Russ :)

good thing you didn't see me shooting my rifles. Let's just say I'm a much better shot with a pistol, and that was readily appparent today on the rifle range hahah

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    yeah it was a good time this morning, not crowded at all, warm weather, and finally found a load i like that shot sub moa. 1 group was .515moa and the other was .623moa.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    yeah it was a good time this morning, not crowded at all, warm weather, and finally found a load i like that shot sub moa. 1 group was .515moa and the other was .623moa.

There is really nothing like hitting that sweet spot where she just starts to shoot. Now you can tweak in small increments and see what she can really do. I like the fact that we have the same barrel. I can copy some of your loads and fine tune from there and vice/versa. Like I said 27.0 grains of varget under a 55 Vmax is a damn good plinker in my WOA SPR barrel. I think that 5 shot group I shot was right around. .5 moa.

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    They can bore sight for you at the range. Ask for Bill and he will take care of you.

DOH! :facepalm: I wish I had known that yesterday...

I spent a good while trying to get on the paper with my new .22...

Fortunately I'm a stubborn bastard and after much :banghead: I finally got the darned thing tuned in.

I should have known...

Oh well, I'm g2g now and know better for next time.

I think I might play hooky some time this week and go and spend some me time with my .22 and my AR .

Justpassing

Anti-Anti-Gun
    Nice meeting you Russ and 06Mega, I stayed for a good bit and zeroed the Millet on my AR. Tinkered with the Eotech and Magnifier but did not get it set properly.

I saw one of the old fellows with a nice AR15. He had an NcStar (don't know what power) Who ever says the cheap scopes cannot hold their zero.. well that guy proves them wrong. Apparently he has close to 5000 rounds with that setup and it still holds zero and never broken/damaged.

Beautiful weather and well worth the 1plus hour drive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom