• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    Anyone shooting at Hap Baker Sun. I'll be up there in the morning. I am going to bring a couple new F-class shooters for range time.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Anyone there in the afternoon? I shot handguns and rifle with a friend and his mom. If anyone saw two Asian duded and a lady at lane 9, that was us.

Eyecatcher of the day gotta be the SCAR 16S at lane 6.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Anyone there in the afternoon? I shot handguns and rifle with a friend and his mom. If anyone saw two Asian duded and a lady at lane 9, that was us.

Eyecatcher of the day gotta be the SCAR 16S at lane 6.

Geez Mike, I was right next to you in Lane 10 with the ak. I was wearing a Maryland Shooters shirt. How did you miss me?

Russ D and his dad were shooting in Lane 7 I think and BlindNoodle was with them. They had AR's and a bolt action 30.06

We had you surrounded

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Hi BigCity! My wife will testify that I have trouble noticing what people are wearing. But you were shooting a Yugo AK, right?

I was the older of the two guys at Lane 9. The Rem 700 belongs to my friend.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I hope to make Hap something of a regular thing once the weather cools off some, especially if I get into the zombie shoot. I need practice on the SKS, I've only got about 70 rounds through it. :)

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Hi BigCity! My wife will testify that I have trouble noticing what people are wearing. But you were shooting a Yugo AK, right?

I was the older of the two guys at Lane 9. The Rem 700 belongs to my friend.

Yes, it was the Yugo model. I was trying to get it sighted in "again". Apparently, Century really screwed up the front sight and pretty much took my gunsmith three weeks to fix. I just got it back this week.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Yeah that was us next to you as well Mike on lane 8. I was hoping to make it up there early but my father wanted to come and was busy in the morning. I was eyeing the Scar but seriously for the kind of cash they command right now I really don't see what the big deal is. We had a pretty good day at the range. I finally got the scope set-up on my Swede Mauser straight and had her shooting sub MOA at 100 yrds. with factory ammo. Not bad for a 100 year old rifle. All the Ar's functioned flawlessly also. The Armalite carbine upper is proving to be very accurate. Now I just need to source some 69 or 72 grain ammo to try out the SPR upper.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Hi Russ! I did ask someone in your group about the Mauser. Sweet looking piece of history, and from what you wrote above, shoots quite amazingly, too.

What kind of scope base do you have on it?

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Hi Russ! I did ask someone in your group about the Mauser. Sweet looking piece of history, and from what you wrote above, shoots quite amazingly, too.

That's a nice 700 ya'll were shooting. I saw your friend up there the day he was breaking in the gun. That gun is cleaner than the day it was made. Big :thumbsup: to him!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville

I found the Weaver bases that were made for the 96 Mausers. The small ring mauser design makes it difficult because the fornt base is so much higher than the rear base. It's a number 55 front and a 46 rear base if the gun is already tapped. I'd never tap an original Swede Mauser but this one was already tapped when I got it and has little collector value. Which in some ways is good because I can shoot the heck out of it and eventually rebarrel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom