• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    just an fyi dicks has troy 30 rd AR mags 3 pack for $54.99 they also have ammo cans of .223. makes me hate maryland more and more especially when i was looking at the 308 AR they had there :sad53:

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    just an fyi dicks has troy 30 rd AR mags 3 pack for $54.99 they also have ammo cans of .223. makes me hate maryland more and more especially when i was looking at the 308 AR they had there :sad53:

The 308 AR is not regulated. Only. 223/5.56 models are. Go back, buy it, and bring it home with you.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    I seem to recall that even though it is not regulated Dicks will still not sell AR Style guns to a MD resident. I had a customer call me about a Remington R15 (HBAR) that they saw at Dicks in Hanover. They tried to buy it but were declined...They noted store policy...

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    I seem to recall that even though it is not regulated Dicks will still not sell AR Style guns to a MD resident. I had a customer call me about a Remington R15 (HBAR) that they saw at Dicks in Hanover. They tried to buy it but were declined...They noted store policy...

This^ they will only sell certain long guns and shotguns to Maryland residents the sales guy told me when I was talking to him. I don't have the money for one right now any who but it is on my wish list

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    What COULD a MD guy get from a PA retailer? I always assumed the PA dealer would have to transfer to Lock, Stock & Barrell(or other FFL local to you) and all regular MD BS would apply, no?

You should be able to buy anything directly from a PA dealer that isnt a handgun, regulated via MD's list, or a NFA item.

However some places apparently per their policy just want to deal with shotguns/non scary looking hunting rifles.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Well damn...I've been living on the MD/PA border for 9 years and only now am hearing about this. I already have a 5.56 and a .308 but never poked around in the actual gun sections(usually just accessories) fearing I'd fall in love with something they wouldn't sell me. Is Gander Mountain as cockshy as Dick's regarding us MDers? Their sale ads have taunted me for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom