• Steel

Votes: 81 41.8%
    • Both, they are equal

Votes: 84 43.3%

• Total voters

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I bought my first polymer gun 6-8 months ago having only owned steel in the past. I am a polymer believer now.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Two World Wars, Korea and Vietnam, not to mention countless other conflicts. Steel has well proven it's self. Of course I am a JMB fan.

Raylon Rules

I am Groot
    Feb 19, 2013
    C.C.C.M.D.
    I'll eventually get a plastic handgun, especially if I ever get a ccw permit or move out of this dystopian state, but I just don't lust after them like something finely crafted of wood and steel.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    This thread came from an argument on another forum between to adamant groups on apposing sides (it was not pretty). I know it had been discussed before I just wanted to get an idea of a general consensus.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've had both, I'm down to one plastic pistol, which is my pocket 9mm. I've rented most of the plastic fantastics at a range, and none of them could beat my CZ-75 in 9mm or my P16-40 in .40S&W. Or any of my 10mm 1911s. None of my revolvers are plastic, either.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    doesn't really matter for overall utility, depends on what your using it for.

For an all day every day CCW, polymer is lighter, but then again my go to carry has been an all steel P-64 for years.

I love my SR-40, but a 1911 is something magical. Depends on what's going on.

I feel like I should say steel just for the CZ-75 and 1911.

But frankly, these days polymer is stronger than steel if not harder, and certainly lighter- and doesn't rust...

We could be at this all day, just me arguing with me.

They're both good

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    2 sides of the same coin, IMO.

Both do the same job, just go about it in slightly diff't ways. Voted equal.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    When I go to the range I always have to decide which 9mm to take- the CZ 75 or the XDm. I would be hard pressed to choose one or the other if I were told to give one up.
    DocAitch

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    food for thought, there are only three types of handguns okayed for conversion to .460 Rowland.

1911s, Springfield XDs (not XDMs), and Glock 21s

the polymers beat the steel two to one in that test of strength

britishjohnhall

My First Handgun was a Rock Island 1911 (Steel). My next one was a High Point 380 (plastic), I don't really count that as a legitimate gun purchase though cause its crap. My next one will probably be plastic, just so I have some of each.
    Personally though, there is nothing like the sound of a steel slide racking; Sharp, crisp, definitive.. (that should be in a commercial :D)

Dieselfool

Jun 19, 2013
    Westminster, Carroll County
    I think somethings in life should remain simple. Like a common sense kinda thing.

Trucks...American
    Beer...cold
    Guns...BANG!

As long as it makes that sound when I pull the trigger, life is good. That's my personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom