• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm looking to get a CZ75B (9mm), and haven't seen much at the few nearby shops I have checked. I'm not yet completely firm on the model yet, but I want full size and all metal (leaning toward basic 75b, 85b, or 75 SP01) It looks like the closest authorized dealers are around DC (The Gun Rack and Atlantic Guns). I will probably try to visit one when I am down in the area at some point, but may end up buying the gun online (through a local FFL). This however would be a new thing for me, as all my current firearms are rifles or shotguns and were purchased in person at gun shops. As there are so many different choices on the web, I figured I would check with the experts. :D

I know there are a few special issues with handguns in MD, and some sites won't ship here (I think someone said CDNN won't ship hanguns to MD, but it looks like Buds will now...). I am open to a used gun, if in good condition and at a good price.

Here are a few of the place I have seen online (ranging from brick and mortar shops with an online presence to marketplaces with lots of random sellers). Any feedback on them or suggestions of places I should check would be much appreciated. I also plan on checking to see what local shops can do for special orders too. :)

CZ Custom - seems very highly recommended for CZ's
    Buds Gunshop
    Auction Arms
    Cheaper Than Dirt
    GunBroker.com
    Impact Guns
    GunsAmerica
    Champion Firearms
    Whittaker Guns

Thanks for any thoughts!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Any handgun, new or used, made after 1/1/2003 must have an integral lock. If the gun doesn't, you can use a lock along the lines of the Omega Lock. A simple cable lock or trigger lock doesn't meet the law.

Any handgun made after 1/1/1985 must be on the state's approved list. Most of the CZ's are approved.

Cheaper Than Dirt will not ship firearms to MD.

Any new handgun must have a fired casing. Either the gun's maker ships with the casing or some dealers have the additional ATF license to do the casing.

Check with Dan at Gun Connection. Forget what CZ has on their site, almost any dealer can get any gun for you.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Have you asked a local shop to get one for you? Sometimes that's less hassle, but it'll probably cost more.

Check out galleryofguns.com as well. Very easy ordering process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom