• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    Meeting is on March 8th and includes the G47. How long after that meeting, if (when) approved before that model can be bought? Purchased one today from LGS that they’re holding until it’s on the roster.

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    Must be published in MD Register and 30 day comment period. I’d give it 60 days before publication
    Thanks. It was a decent deal imo so I don’t mind waiting for it since I was going to buy one anyway. Cheaper than building it with a 19 frame too.

Ellis Gordon

gordoninmontgomerycounty
    Jan 25, 2016
    Bethesda, MD
    Meeting is on March 8th and includes the G47. How long after that meeting, if (when) approved before that model can be bought? Purchased one today from LGS that they’re holding until it’s on the roster.
    The results of the March 8th Roster Board meeting will likely be included in the March 24th Maryland Register. The 30 day comment period will end on April 24th.

willydigger

Jul 6, 2017
    Where do you find the list of guns for the March 8 meeting?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Go to the MSP Licensing Division web page. On the left side is a link to Handgun Roster Board.

Click that and halfway down the page is the agenda for the next meeting. The list of proposed firearms is there

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Thanks. It was a decent deal imo so I don’t mind waiting for it since I was going to buy one anyway. Cheaper than building it with a 19 frame too.

Did you get confirmation that the firearm you're interested in was included on the March 8th agenda?

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    Did anyone else notice one of the board members voted to disapprove every firearm due to “a safety concern”?

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Did anyone else notice one of the board members voted to disapprove every firearm due to “a safety concern”?
    If you let the guns into the state they will just chase about and shoot people because guns is ebil.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I fell into a thing back before the model number requirement fell to the wayside, and I purchased a 2020 Dan Wesson Valor - it had been discontinued for 2 years and when they brought it back they gave it a different model number so it wasn't on the handgun roster. I was flabbergasted that this could occur with a 1911 and I never even bothered to check the roster when I ordered it. Silly me, thinking a 100+ year old model of pistol should be on the MD Handgun Roster. :facepalm:

In any case, I posted about my process and timeline several times because I felt it would be helpful for those going through it.

So my timeline:
    4/28/2020 - order placed
    7/17/2020 - order shipped
    7/21/2020 - order received at my FFL (In any other free state, this would have been the day I could have taken it home.)

It was at this point that I knew I'd messed up, but my FFL - Cindy's Hot Shots - graciously held the gun for me for free until I was able to go through the process of getting it added to the roster so I could take it home. The below is the remainder of that timeline:

8/8/2020 - mailed petition to MD Handgun Review Board
    9/16/2020 - Review board met, approved the DW 2020 Valor -- (This seems to be what this thread is about)
    October 2020 - DW 2020 Valor added to the Roster
    11/9/2020 - Updated roster is finally published -- Roughly 7 weeks.
    11/10/2020 - Submitted my 77R for transfer and started my 7-day wait

11/17/2020 - Finally took home my new pistol

In my case, it was nearly 2 months exactly from the time the board met to approve the pistol to when I was finally allowed to take it home as mine, but 7 weeks until it was published an I was able to submit to be not-disapproved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom