Handgun apps are now ok right up to the 30th!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobs.sunoco

Jun 3, 2010
    Ok we just received the word that MSP will now accept handgun applications right up the 30th and you'll be able to pick it up 8 days later (from us anyway). Sorry if this has already been posted but it's important for everybody to know. We have plenty in stock so come down south to visit us and we'll have cold beer waiting for you in the beer cave!

http://www.bobssunoco.net/index_files/TheBeerCave.htm

Attachments

• Advisory LD-HQLU-13-0002.pdf
      49.9 KB · Views: 311

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Ok we just received the word that MSP will now accept handgun applications right up the 30th and you'll be able to pick it up 8 days later (from us anyway). Sorry if this has already been posted but it's important for everybody to know. We have plenty in stock so come down south to visit us and we'll have cold beer waiting for you in the beer cave!

http://http://www.bobssunoco.net/index_files/TheBeerCave.htm

Thanks we should still all apply for our HQL on Oct 1st. :party29:

S.M.I.B

May 21, 2013
    Calvert County
    I thought I was done. I have already bought three guns from you guys this year. The wife took a basic pistol course the other day and came back with all kinds of ideas for another handgun. We might have to stop in on Friday.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    National precedent being followed at the state level. It is not up to the Executive Branch to determine what laws they will choose to enforce by fiat. Just another tyrannical move to grease skids.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Sorry guys, this is absolutely wrong. The State Police do not have the authority to tell people to violate the written law,even if we don't agree with the law.

This is an act of gross misconduct in office,and I am going to send a complaint to my delegate and senator about it.

Allowing them to break the law, so that they can try to reduce the number of future plaintiffs against them, should not be tolerated.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sorry guys, this is absolutely wrong. The State Police do not have the authority to tell people to violate the written law,even if we don't agree with the law.

This is an act of gross misconduct in office,and I am going to send a complaint to my delegate and senator about it.

Allowing them to break the law, so that they can try to reduce the number of future plaintiffs against them, should not be tolerated.
    Good point. Just like everything else, they won't care.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    You've got to be frickin kidding me! While this is a good thing for folks still wanting to buy, it goes to show how the state government is totally untrustworthy and without credibility. Clearly the genius governor didn't think this through!

I see it now. The lightbulb comes on. Someone says, "Lord Guvnor, do you realize that we have 50,000 applications pending approval and are running 113 days average to process an application, and the dealers that have been holding guns for four months have said 'Enuff of this Bull Shift! I ain't holdin' these guns another six months while the state gets its act together. It's a liability I don't want. I'm gonna release on Day 8 and let the police worry about it--it's their problem then.' And, Lord Guvnor, even if 1/10th of 1% of that 50,000 happens to be folks who shouldn't have a gun, that's 50 people that might shoot up a shopping mall or school. And, Lord Guvnor, you've just flush your political career down the proverbial toilet when that happens!"

And the Lord Guvnor says, "Holy Cannoli! We gotta stop dealers from releasing those evil guns! Tell the idyut AG he's fired! Recant everything he said. I'll be the hero!"

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Would be cautious as the letter disappeared from the website. Expect that the AG or an assistant is going to come forward with a clarifying statement. Perhaps some bs about a temporary, one time use HQL based on the disposition of the outcome of the 77r background check. I would imagine that they would desire to keep this a legal process and the greatest flexibility they have is in defining what an HQL is.

If the letter "reappears" on their website, then I take back the above speculation. Find it amazing that they are encouraging folks to break the law, even if it is an odious one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave T

http://www.bobssunoco.net/index_files/TheBeerCave.htm

Is this a legitimate advisory? Sounded too friendly and accommodating.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP did not change the law. They simply said it was not going to be enforced. That probably came from MOM via the AG.

Obama does this every day.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    MSP did not change the law. They simply said it was not going to be enforced. That probably came from MOm via the AG.

Obama does this every day.

The MDSP may say that "they" won't enforce the law, but a State's Attorney can still prosecute.

And just because they won't enforce it now, doesn't mean that someone else can't prosecute it later.

Ask yourself, after the last several weeks do you really have that much faith in the MD SP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom