• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Accept no substitute: USP.
    Ditto. CCW I usually carry an HK USP Compact, originally .357 Sig but I also have barrels to shoot .40 S&W(HK) and 9mm (EFK). Nicest thing is that one mag, the .40/.357 works for all three calibers. Almost the only gun I know that does not require a different mag to drop down to 9mm. I wanted a gun for SHTF that would fire most of the available ammo I could reasonably expect to find. 10 Rd .40 mags hold 12 rds of 9mm while 12 rd .40 mags hold 15 rds of 9mm. I can change calibers in a minute or less.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Depends. My P30V3's trigger was execrable for the first 2,000 rounds, and OrbitalEllipses fine USP 9 trigger was very slick right out of the box.

Go figure, right? :cool:

Mine was the same way, maybe I have up too early. But my hk45c seems to be getting less gritty a lot quicker then my p30l, I think mine was a v3 also if I remember correctly.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Mine was the same way, maybe I have up too early. But my hk45c seems to be getting less gritty a lot quicker then my p30l, I think mine was a v3 also if I remember correctly.
    I put a spring kit in my USP Compact. Stock hammer spring is 15#. Kit comes with 10# and 12#. Tried 10# first. Every American ammo I tried fired fine but the Russky stuff with the hard primers often required 2 pulls to go off. Put the 12# in and everything was fine. SA trigger is about 2#, and DA is about 4# maybe. No other mods except HiViz fiber optic sights front and rear and the HK decal grip tape.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I put a spring kit in my USP Compact. Stock hammer spring is 15#. Kit comes with 10# and 12#. Tried 10# first. Every American ammo I tried fired fine but the Russky stuff with the hard primers often required 2 pulls to go off. Put the 12# in and everything was fine. SA trigger is about 2#, and DA is about 4# maybe. No other mods except HiViz fiber optic sights front and rear and the HK decal grip tape.

I have given some though about changing my spring, thanks for the motivation!!

Sorry to derail the thread on semi off topic stuff lol

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Yours has the nicest trigger I've ever felt on a hammer fired HK. Not even kidding. :D

I converted it to Match/LEM hybrid this past weekend...forgot to use a lighter trigger spring, so it's sitting at 5.5# to 6# DAO now. For the record it measured at around 5.5# SA and 12# DA. Also, the USP match hammer spring is 12#. Any USP should be reliable with it.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Ditto. CCW I usually carry an HK USP Compact, originally .357 Sig but I also have barrels to shoot .40 S&W(HK) and 9mm (EFK). Nicest thing is that one mag, the .40/.357 works for all three calibers. Almost the only gun I know that does not require a different mag to drop down to 9mm. I wanted a gun for SHTF that would fire most of the available ammo I could reasonably expect to find. 10 Rd .40 mags hold 12 rds of 9mm while 12 rd .40 mags hold 15 rds of 9mm. I can change calibers in a minute or less.

THAT is some very cool info! I never knew. huh.
    :thumbsup:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    What a nice thing t say...how are his sights? How bout tht grip???

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

:lol: I'll indulge you with actual answers.

Standard USP Tactical/SD sights are trash. The front was recently changed to a .380"x.100" Dawson Precision fiber optic. It is very easy to pick up, but I'm still learning the new trigger and was having accuracy problems the only time I've had it out since the changes.

The grip is blocky. It doesn't bug me. I have smaller palms and longer fingers, end up somewhere between S/M size glove usually.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Very similar. Totally different. One's comfortable in my hand (the HK) and the other has an annoying bump in the wrong place (the PPQ).

I had this problem with the M&P 9 with its largest bad strap installed. I would get that funny bone feeling from my palm to my elbow.

Personally, I love the PPQ; it's the 2nd most accurate handgun I own behind my Hk USP Expert.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Just remember, handling a pistol at the LGS is not the same as shooting it. Loved the feel of the Walther PK380; hated the (un)reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have a P30S (with a safety) and I love it. Like the trigger on my PPQ M2 a little more, but with a little work and/or money, I think I can get the P30 to the same place.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Walther PPQ

Minus the mag part.

The original PPQ (M1) has the mag release on the trigger guard - this is the European-style mag release used by Walther (on the PPS), HK and other manufacturers. However, Walther put out a second version of the PPQ (M2) a couple of years ago - the M2 has the American-style mag release on the grip. Both versions are available, but they take different magazines due to the relocation of the mag release - I own the M2 version.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    The original PPQ (M1) has the mag release on the trigger guard - this is the European-style mag release used by Walther (on the PPS), HK and other manufacturers. However, Walther put out a second version of the PPQ (M2) a couple of years ago - the M2 has the American-style mag release on the grip. Both versions are available, but they take different magazines due to the relocation of the mag release - I own the M2 version.

I was referring to the fact that HK mags will not work in a PPQ, not about the mag release placement.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    :lol: I'll indulge you with actual answers.

Standard USP Tactical/SD sights are trash. The front was recently changed to a .380"x.100" Dawson Precision fiber optic. It is very easy to pick up, but I'm still learning the new trigger and was having accuracy problems the only time I've had it out since the changes.

The grip is blocky. It doesn't bug me. I have smaller palms and longer fingers, end up somewhere between S/M size glove usually.
    Sounds like the "whole package" makes you feel good.

Put a ring on that thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom