• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MSC

Jan 11, 2015
    Frederick County, MD
    Hello all, first post here.

I have a problem I can't fix and need a good gunsmith. Live near Urbana/Hyattsville MD. Finding a really good gunsmith is hard and been burned a few times when living in VA.

Any recommendations would be great.

The problem is that I got a patch and the rod stuck in the barrel of a .204. I mean really really stuck. Have tried everything including vice grips and light taps with a mallet, and don't want to damage the barrel. A little embarrassing perhaps but know my mechanical limits...time for someone with a serious tool bench and even more experience.

Thanks for name of someone that is legit and good in your experience. I'll drive a bit to someone that is worth it.

MSC

Jan 11, 2015
    Frederick County, MD
    Very good, thanks. If the other guy does not work out, will try Freestate. Have heard of them before. Leesburg is just across the river so maybe someone there too.

This is killing me...this little rifle and round is excellent, love it. .204 is the flattest shooting round I've ever tried and perfect for varmints and other little pests. It is a CZ527, the Varmint model. Must get it perfect!

Maybe a little far for you, but I have total faith in John Walker at Duffy's and John Carduner at Freestate.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Other options would be Tim Hafer in Hagerstown (he's an IP) and Ed Harren located in ijamsville.

I hear good things about Walt, Tim has done several jobs for me and I've been very happy with his work and Ed has come highly recommended to me for a rifle project I've been contemplating.

Good luck!

---
    Shamr0ck

MSC

Jan 11, 2015
    Frederick County, MD
    Thank you!

Other options would be Tim Hafer in Hagerstown (he's an IP) and Ed Harren located in ijamsville.

I hear good things about Walt, Tim has done several jobs for me and I've been very happy with his work and Ed has come highly recommended to me for a rifle project I've been contemplating.

Good luck!

---
    Shamr0ck

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom