• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    This is 1/2 mile out of the way for me when heading down to the farm. I actually make a left on dover from 50. I'll have to stop in, thanks for the directions/info.

Hahaha and my bad folks for the Chesapeake Guns suggestion. I had no idea it was that bad. I just always see it and am curious as it's on my way and not to terribly far.

There used to be one basically across the street W/B side of 50 maybe a mile past this shop and the people who were inside there were insanely friendly, they just didn't have what I wanted inside the shop. It was a gun shop on one side and a thrift store on the other (I think). Is that still there?

I've been wanting to stop In Chesapeake Guns for awhile now , Ill still stop in with lowered expectations now lol .

Albright's is a nice shop they have a hell of a selection . Thats where dad got his LWRC and some really nice shotguns I was scared to touch :lol2:

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    There used to be one basically across the street W/B side of 50 maybe a mile past this shop and the people who were inside there were insanely friendly, they just didn't have what I wanted inside the shop. It was a gun shop on one side and a thrift store on the other (I think). Is that still there?

That was chesapeake's old shop. It was a surplus store next door. They moved about a year ago I think. Surplus store is no longer there.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Three shops right outside OC, Littletons, Manchester, Shooters Supply.
    Then two others outside Salisbury, Big Brads and one off 610.
    Three or four in DE and on and on. If you go on Rt 9 hit Steele's!

seankar

Jan 22, 2012
    Millsboro, DE
    Try Steele's Gun Shop on Lewes -Georgetown highway

The Place is like a museum with a real friendly bunch working there. Only problem is you will have to transfer anything that is regulated. BUT if you are not buying regulated then you don't pay tax. 6% back in your pocket

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    There used to be a cool gun store of route 26 in ocean view that was also a coin collector store. They had a small selection of arms but they were quality. I remember holding there a carcano rifle in 7.35 that looked like it just came off the assembly line all matching for $150. Thought about buying it as a wallhanger since ammo for it is impossible to find (the store had some surplus ammo with it) plus had some historical value to it. Ended up buying a grab bag of assorted 7.62x39 and 8mm ammo. Now it is another crab shack, like there is a real shortage of them there :sad20:

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    If you want another scenic diversion, stop at Branchy's in Laurel, DE. It's near Trap Pond State Park, behind a house. The owner had converted a small building to a gun shop. He has an amazing amount of stuff packed into this place...and he's willing to negotiate. I bought a '97 Winchester shotgun when I was there over the holidays.

Also there's the gun shop at Delmarva Sporting Clays. They have a nice selection of used guns, especially shotguns. One disadvantage is that none of the guns have prices listed, so you have to keep asking the owner "how much for this one". I thought his quoted prices were high but I have to admit that I never tried to negotiate a more realistic price.

Joe

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Littleton's Firearms
    David Littleton
    13105 Ames Road
    Bishopville,‎ Maryland‎ 21813
    (410) 352-3446

Open Monday, Wed, Fri. 4:30pm - 8pm
    Saturday hours - 10am to 4pm

Great guy, great prices - always treats me well. I bought a rifle from him & 1.5 years later took a scope in to have it mounted. He didn't charge me.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    If you want another scenic diversion, stop at Branchy's in Laurel, DE. It's near Trap Pond State Park, behind a house. The owner had converted a small building to a gun shop. He has an amazing amount of stuff packed into this place...and he's willing to negotiate. I bought a '97 Winchester shotgun when I was there over the holidays.

Also there's the gun shop at Delmarva Sporting Clays. They have a nice selection of used guns, especially shotguns. One disadvantage is that none of the guns have prices listed, so you have to keep asking the owner "how much for this one". I thought his quoted prices were high but I have to admit that I never tried to negotiate a more realistic price.

Joe

Could be wrong but Id say that's a case of does he know you or doesn't he. Native Shore people can be flat out funny....I suspect for certain reasons but I won't get into that here. ;)

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I definitely got that vibe when I asked about the cost...that he'd quote very different prices for those who he knows. I just don't get over to his shop often enough to establish a relationship, maybe once a year or so.

And, no doubt about it, Eastern Shore natives can be "funny". For my first job out of college, I worked in Seaford, DE for four years and lived in Laurel and Millsboro. Even though that was a very long time ago, I feel an affiliation with the Shore. They're certainly doubtful of people from "over there", but they can also be the most helpful and heartfelt, once they get to know you.

MDphinfan02

May 12, 2012
    There are 2-3 in Easton and I think there is a new Pawn shop on Rt 50 East just outside of Cambridge.

Red building on right.... signs says pawn i stopped in and 3 old ladies were walking out they were basically a shitty antique shop wasted trip dont bother

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    There are 2-3 in Easton and I think there is a new Pawn shop on Rt 50 East just outside of Cambridge.

Hit the one on 50 (Sportsman) and the hock shop in Cambridge Monday.....nothing really interesting. I check every now and again.....so far the hock shop os pretty much a bunch of dicks. Both Sportsman and Albrecht's are much better IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom