• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    No idea on that one. Maybe call the place that receives the DC paperwork and ask them.

I have no idea why that would be.

Suppose I bought a shotgun and then wanted to buy a pair of hunting rifles 15 days later.

None are "regulated" but I'd need a DC to buy the 2 at one time.

There are 2 exceptions:

Dealer makes you a 2-fer special
    Estate sales

Md. Annotated Code§ 5-128. Purchases within 30 days -" (b) One purchase limit.- A person may not purchase more than one regulated firearm in a 30-day period. "
    There is no waiting/delay between purchases of non-regulated firearms. So you could buy all three you described above (Shotgun+2 hunting rifles) on the same day if you wanted w/out any 30 day waiting period or the need for Designated Collector Status.

Last edited:

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    So did you also find the exceptions I noted above?

2 exceptions to the one a month rule apply. Now - whether you have an FFL that knows this is a horse of a different color. :innocent0

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Md. Annotated Code§ 5-128. Purchases within 30 days -" (b) One purchase limit.- A person may not purchase more than one regulated firearm in a 30-day period. "
    There is no waiting/delay between purchases of non-regulated firearms. So you could buy all three you described above (Shotgun+2 hunting rifles) on the same day if you wanted w/out any 30 day waiting period or the need for Designated Collector Status.

Indeed.

So - say I wanted an AK - or a pair of them. They are $599 each, but the dealer wants to move them, so he tel;ls me buy both and it's $1000 out the door.

Yes/No/Maybe?

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm

§ 5-129. Same - Multiple purchases allowed.

(a) Requirements.- Notwithstanding § 5-128(b) of this subtitle, a person may purchase more than one regulated firearm in a 30-day period if:

(1) the person applies for and the Secretary approves a multiple purchase; and

(2) (i) the purchase of the regulated firearms is for a private collection or a collector series;

(ii) the purchase of the regulated firearms is a bulk purchase from an estate sale;

(iii) 1. the purchase of not more than two regulated firearms is a multiple purchase to take advantage of a licensee's discounted price available only for a multiple purchase; and

2. the purchaser is prohibited from purchasing a regulated firearm during the following 30-day period unless approved under item (i) or (ii) of this item; or
    (iv) the purchase is for other purposes similar to items (i) through (iii) of this item.
    (b) Application.-

(1) The application for a multiple purchase shall:

(i) list the regulated firearms to be purchased;
    (ii) state the purpose of the purchase of more than one regulated firearm in a 30-day period;

(iii) be witnessed by a licensee or designated law enforcement agency; and

(iv) be signed under the penalty of perjury by the firearm applicant.
    (2) The application for a multiple purchase of regulated firearms shall be attached to a completed firearm application and forwarded to the Secretary by a licensee or designated law enforcement agency.

(c) Background investigation.- On receipt of the firearm application and the application for a multiple purchase, the Secretary shall conduct a background investigation as required in § 5-121 of this subtitle.

(d) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    This is a yes provided you have not purchased one in the last 30 days. Plus, you also have to wait 60 days before your next purchase.

See that's exactly why I got a C&R and MDC. Typically I only research law that will apply to me.

So I get a FL non-resident permit, and a bunch of guys start asking questions about DUI/DWI, or long, long ago convictions for whatever.

Since none of those scenarios apply to me, I have no idea.

To begin with - it's a crock of shit and second the work around is so simple, even a caveman can do it. Same thing applies, IMHO, to Trusts.

BTW I heard the ATF is considering scrapping the whole CLEO bag of nonsense. It's a holdover from days of yesteryear, when information was not at your fingertips.

So we may see the day when ATF no longer makes us all play grab-ass with MSP, though whether or not MSP is of a like mind - we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom