• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scud

Nov 16, 2008
    Near Smithsburg
    I would always suggest dealing with Gunrunners. Bob is the best dealer that I have dealt with, (I have dealt with more than a few - Lou @ Shooter's Discount included). The only reason for someone not to go to Gunrunners is because they might buy something that I like before I get to it. Shirley, (at Gunrunners) is good people too.

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    Where is Gunrunners Located?

I'm not a huge fan of Hauling across the state unless I've got a hand full of cash and something in Mind already.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I have never had any problems with the GunShack. I am a longtime customer and will continue to go there. I dont mind paying a little extra if I can get the customer service that I can get there.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    I would always suggest dealing with Gunrunners. Bob is the best dealer that I have dealt with, (I have dealt with more than a few - Lou @ Shooter's Discount included). The only reason for someone not to go to Gunrunners is because they might buy something that I like before I get to it. Shirley, (at Gunrunners) is good people too.

+1. Out of Gunrunners, Glade Valley, Shooter's discount, and the Gun Shack--the Gun Shack is the last place I'd go. Their prices on EBRs are insane and I've had some miscommunication among them and they don't know some of the finer (and courser) points of the laws. I still go in occasionally to browse, but I won't spend any money there.

shadco

Apr 8, 2009
    You might also want to consider a Sig Sauer P226, or P228 if you want something a little smaller than the 226.

I'd have to consider Gun Connection if I was in the market.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    A+ to Gun Runners or PDI IMHO.

Glade Valley is not bad. Prices are reasonable people are nice.

zebramochaman

May 3, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    Sue, at the Gun Shack is good to deal with. She knows her stuff.

Suzie just handled the paperwork for me on an on-line purchase. She charged me $45 for the transfer (pistol), $10 to the state and $25 for the stupid lock :mad54:. This compares very favorably to prices I was quoted at several other FFL's in the area.

I find the Gun Shack to be a little expensive for certain things, not too bad on others. Most of all I like a place where the people are friendly and knowledgeable. Having owned my own retail businesses I know how important it is to have community support. The Gun Shack will be getting a lot of my business.

Jan 16, 2011
    Towson
    Just a little warning I wanna pass on to you guys, the greenish blue box of .308 Winchester they sell for $15 a box at the gun shack is corrosive stuff made in Czechoslovakia in the 80s. I just got finished detailing my PTR with industrial windex after a guy at Cresap gave me a heads up. I should have researched what it was before I shot it but I wasn't expecting to run into corrosive .308 at a local gun shop.

This is the stuff.
    http://www.impactguns.com/store/SAMCO-308.html

zebramochaman

May 3, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    The Gun Shack/Crosswinds is my go to shop. I live about 5-6 miles from them and I have done more than a few transactions.
    I agree that generally speaking their prices are are at the high end but having owned my own small retail businesses, I can tell you that it is not easy paying the rent and making payroll. I would pay a few extra bucks for my purchase to help insure that a good store stays in business.
    Having said that, I will not pay 25%-30% more.
    Last year I bought a Ruger GP-141 Stainless that was unfired from them for $500. Can you get it cheaper if you search. Maybe, but these people are down-to-earth and deserve our patronage.
    I buy most of my maintenance supplies and tools from them and I stop in periodically to see if I can pick up something I am in the market for.
    I have purchased from Shooters Discount and I do stop in periodically to see what's new. The only anomaly with SD is Lew's hours. This is not to criticize Lew. It's just a "Crap shoot" as to whether he will be open when you get there.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    Gunrunners will get most of my business from now on.

Glade valley's owner is a hell of a nice guy and has always been straight with me. However the kids he has working there are generally rude and on the phone make it seem as if your bothering them when you call.

Gunshack is ok, but the prices are out of this world and their legal knowledge leaves much to be desired.
    They are more of a bolt gun store but i thought this was funny... The last time i went in there an employee tried to talk me out of a 5.45 ak because "you cant get ammo". I said i can order it for 11 cents a round to my house. They said well you cant buy it local. I said anybody thats buys ammo local is crazy...as much as i shoot id go broke. Didnt seem to like that....

Gun Connection is bar none the best shop in the state for selection, price etc... Its just that they are a hour and a half from me. Thats a trip down for paperwork and a trip to pick it up is 6 hours on the road. Its just too far for me in general.

And the last place on earth i would ever buy from is Gun Center in frederick. There prices are sky high and their assholes.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Looks like I am keeping the thread alive :D. I have been to the Gun Shack a few times. I bought ammo there a few times. They were helpful with me when I consigned my Norinco SKS and they were able to sell it promptly. This is also where I found a beautiful Russian SKS, a non-refurb with all matching numbers not force matched, and a blued bayonet so I snatched that up from them. All in all I would say I have had good experiences with them. :thumbsup::party29:

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    The Gun Shack is good people. They have done about 5 transfers for me. I buy most of my guns from my step father because he has a FFl. only problem is hes in Memphis. Very helpfull and will not ******** you. I asked about some AR stuff and she(Sue) said that They would get it from the same places online I would and not really any cheaper so I should just buy it online myself and save a few bucks. That being said they do tend to be a few bucks more than everyone else, but I still use them.

Also I just met Lou45 a few weeks ago and his shop is right up the street. Great guy and very helpfull as far as I can tell. Going to try and snag one of the berettas he has if there is any left.

esrepairman

Mar 21, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    I have dealt with Mt. Airy Gun shack, purchased at least one gun there in the past. My impression was they always had to order what I was looking for, not particularly friendly, and a little pricey - that is why I stopped going there. They seem to cater mostly to hunters.

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    Glad to see my first real thread is still kicking. Just as an update, I finally did buy my XDM from gunrunners. It was easy dealing and very friendly. Need to get in there are see about my 2nd one now.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Not positive, but I think the XDm I was checking out at Shooters Discount (literally a 1 minute drive from The Gun Shack) was in 9mm. Call Lou and ask him about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom