• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Hello I am wondering about sellling a gun and releasing. If I am SELLING a gun and go thruogh MSP prior to Oct 1, and release the gun to the seller 8 days after paperwork, but after Oct 1 is there any legal liability on me. So if I have a buyer who wants to make a last minute purchase and we meet for paperwork on Sept. 29 and I release the gun to him on 7 October without his HQL is there any liability on me? Am I on the hook for giving him a gun he isnt licenced to own yet, or is all the legal stuff on him?

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Hello I am wondering about sellling a gun and releasing. If I am SELLING a gun and go thruogh MSP prior to Oct 1, and release the gun to the seller 8 days after paperwork, but after Oct 1 is there any legal liability on me. So if I have a buyer who wants to make a last minute purchase and we meet for paperwork on Sept. 29 and I release the gun to him on 7 October without his HQL is there any liability on me? Am I on the hook for giving him a gun he isnt licenced to own yet, or is all the legal stuff on him?

If I were doing a private handgun sale prior to 10/1, I would transfer through a dealer willing to transfer on day 8 without a HQL. I would not transfer through MSP. Doing it through the dealer takes the burdon off of you as to the decision to release without a HQL. You would be relying on the dealer to follow MD law regarding the transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom