• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mickey

Lurker
    Sep 25, 2009
    So my buddy went to purchase a used G19 the other day and made the mistake of not looking up the date he last purchased a regulated gun. Long story short it was than 30 days since he last purchased. Where does he go from here? Will they just fill out the paperwork again now that its been thirty days or will they claim he lied on his application and put a hold or possibly deny it again?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Waits for the 30 days to pass. He can also become a Md Designated Collector to prevent this from happening again.

Paperwork should be good as long as he didn't sign and date the transfer section.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    So my buddy went to purchase a used G19 the other day and made the mistake of not looking up the date he last purchased a regulated gun. Long story short it was than 30 days since he last purchased. Where does he go from here? Will they just fill out the paperwork again now that its been thirty days or will they claim he lied on his application and put a hold or possibly deny it again?

Was the paperwork sent off to be "Not Disapproved" or did the dealer hold off on submitting it?

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I became a designated collector for just this reason. I limit myself (actually my wife does) to 1 gun a month but there has been times where I have been very close to that 30 day limit.

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    If it was less than about 25 days ago that he picked up another gun he will be administratively denied. Then he will have to pay $10 again and submit a new app. Basically he's just out the $10. I haven't heard of anyone getting into trouble.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    If it was less than about 25 days ago that he picked up another gun he will be administratively denied. Then he will have to pay $10 again and submit a new app. Basically he's just out the $10. I haven't heard of anyone getting into trouble.

when you pick up the gun.

As a NON-designated collector, one can make a regulated application 22 days after their last regulated aquisition; just need to indicate on form 77R-1 the date of last regulated aquisition if within the 22 to 30 day range.

In this case, the "purchase" date and "aquisition" date are two different entities.
    Lou is correct.
    You can only purchase or take posession every 30 days. You can pick up a regulated firearm on March 1st and Purchase/fill out paperwork for another on March 23rd. This means that after the waiting period/pick up date of the March 23rd purchase was finished, the 30 days had passed. I have done this successfully on more than one occasion (once at Shooter's Discount)

T-Rite

Feb 22, 2012
    Becoming a collector is the way to go in Maryland if you are a real gun person who may legitimately for your own use want to purchase more than one gun within the 30 day period. If you are a person who only has one or two guns for home defense or hunting, I would not recommend becoming a "collecor".

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Lou is correct.
    You can only purchase or take posession every 30 days. You can pick up a regulated firearm on March 1st and Purchase/fill out paperwork for another on March 23rd. This means that after the waiting period/pick up date of the March 23rd purchase was finished, the 30 days had passed. I have done this successfully on more than one occasion (once at Shooter's Discount)

:thumbsup::D

correct my typo...."collector".

The spelling Nazi's are sleeping now, don't worry 'bout it.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom