• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    Everyone here is an enthusiast of freedom, and we are also enthusiastic about our natural right to self defense, which includes the right to keep and bear arms. We all also know that gun control doesn't work, or the cities with the strongest and strictest gun control laws would be the safest cities in our country.

We know this, but the politicians know this, too. They are far from stupid: many of them are lawyers, and many of them have done quite well at prestigious educational institutions. They are aware of statistics and how to interpret them. It is as obvious to them of the failures of gun control as it is to us. This prompts the question of why they appear to be taking steps to disarm us.

I will introduce an unoriginal theory that I find to be somewhat plausible. I am also quite sure that this has already been discussed on mds, but I didn't readily see a thread. I want to say that I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, and I usually just keep my eyes and ears open to see what kinds of things develop and seem more plausible over time.

I was thinking back to the time when federal agencies were buying ammunition (http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2012/federal-law-enforcement-agencies-buy-ammunition.aspx) and everyone was wondering why. Now that most people have forgotten about this, we are being faced with significant restrictions on our natural right of self defense. Surely, it could probably be a complete coincidence that these things have happened with relative recency of each other, but I am not sure. We have significantly expanded our entitlement programs, and our deficit spending has increased our debt by unprecedented numbers. I feel that federal economists are predicting real trouble in the near future, and the government is taking steps to reduce the difficulty of subduing uprising violence when this type of thing happens.

A quick search on Google will show various theories of impending financial troubles ahead, and that's not news to anyone.

Since these laws will not be preventing anything, I see more legislation coming hot on the heels of this current round, especially if it passes. Rinse, and repeat until it's gone. We'll see if this slippery slope really happens. I just hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom