Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    whatcha think??? i get a pretty good deal on these:D
    remgc908.jpg

Its no sturdier than a locker, easy to get into with a few tools. Crowbar maybe 5 minutes tops. Would be just as easy to pick up and carry off. Bolted down is another story. Buy something that holds more.....

Buy if you have small children in the house, something is better than nothing.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    general storage mainly definetly not fort knoxx. i have nothing as is:sad20:

my dogs can unzip zippers so my soft case ain't gonna cut it (not that its accessable to them always) need something cheap n easy. i googled this cabinent and some of the prices were crazy up to $250:shocked4: , i can get em for under $130.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    my parts driver just came back with it:clap: when i get home i'll find a place to put it and take some pics with my lonely lil gun:sad20:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I was looking at the same thing over the summer but picked up the 14-rifle locker instead. BOY...am i glad I did!!!! It fills quick and its a tight fit. take my advice...pick up the 14-gun locker, I got mine on sale for what you are paying for hte 8-gun locker

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i'd get a 16 gun or somthing bigger fi you plan on getting more guns in the future. all the ammo and everything you keep in there take up alot mroe space than you think and scoped/ bolt action guns take up more space.

notice how there are 8 shotguns in that cabinent and NO rifles

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    shotgun, gsg-5, ar, ak, s12 are all i'm "planning" on having for now

Shotgun $300
    gsg-5 $500
    AR starts around $700
    AK low end $400
    S-12 $600

Safe to protect those firearms...........$118.99

You definitely want to look into something larger and more substantial. It's better than nothing (especially if you have kids or relatives that may bring children to visit)-but not by much. I had one of those much earlier on and one day I thought I had lost my key. I took a large flat head screwdriver and about ten seconds later, I had it open and stuff out on the way to go shooting.
    Use the one you have and upgrade before you get too many expensive toys. It only takes one smash and grab to lose it all. When you upgrade, you can always use that one for ammo and accessory storage :thumbsup:
    Enjoy your new very expensive hobby ;)

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    believe me when i say this is just temporary. i am a long long way from any more guns. i just need to make amy feel secure that the dogs aren't gonna eat any bullets or that anybody could EASILY get to the guns i currently have. btw i plan on keeping them in soft cases inside the cabinent, they will stand or at least lean (i havn't put it together inside yet) i have a dresser that i'm going to bolt it too for stability.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    When you are able to upgrade to a more secure safe, this one can be dedicated for ammo. I started with a similar cabinet, eventually got a true safe. The cabinet even fills up fast when only holding ammo! So now I have another ammo cabinet.

You would be surprised how many people think sliding their guns under the bed is a good storage solution.

Your on your way to having a [Headlines] "large cache of weapons and ammo!" [/Headlines]

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Off topic....

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)

h2u- that's awesome.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    When you are able to upgrade to a more secure safe, this one can be dedicated for ammo. I started with a similar cabinet, eventually got a true safe. The cabinet even fills up fast when only holding ammo! So now I have another ammo cabinet.

You would be surprised how many people think sliding their guns under the bed is a good storage solution.

Your on your way to having a [Headlines] "large cache of weapons and ammo!" [/Headlines]

:thumbsup: you can never have enough IMO :D

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Check at walmart in january. They have safes for sale for Christmas, but after the holiday they start marking them down until they sell them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom