• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    I shot the indoor GSSF maatch at FreeState Gun Range last night. I didn't know what to expect. But I had a great time.

Thank you FreeState for hosting it! I'm sure it was complicated to have the match competitors shooting throughout the evening, and still manage your regular customers who were shooting on the range. But the match seemed to run very smoothly.

Did anyone else here enter? Does anyone know when or where results will be posted?

This was a great match for new and experienced shooters. There will be a 2nd identical match in February, and a 3rd one in March. I encourage all to sign up!

7A38

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I shot it. I'm not sure when or where it will be posted but the top scores I saw were a 494, 491, and 485. They were late in the night. I will be there for the other two as well. I have to work on my 25 yard shots a bit.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    It was a good time. I got there right at 5:00 and it wasn't too crowded. The only problem was the range was still open to the general public and the guy next to me was hammering me with brass. Not sure what ejection issues his 45 was having, but it lobbed the brass clear over the barricade and onto my head.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I shot it. I'm not sure when or where it will be posted but the top scores I saw were a 494, 491, and 485. They were late in the night. I will be there for the other two as well. I have to work on my 25 yard shots a bit.

Most of those folks put their hips right up against the table and lean out with the gun fully extended past the lane dividers.
    Normal 2 o'clock ejection flies right past the divider and into your lane.
    Sometimes your face or your gun.

Most of the time I just ask them to take a half step back into the box.
    A couple of times I have had to reach around the divider and throw the brass back at them.

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    It was a good time. I got there right at 5:00 and it wasn't too crowded. The only problem was the range was still open to the general public and the guy next to me was hammering me with brass. Not sure what ejection issues his 45 was having, but it lobbed the brass clear over the barricade and onto my head.

Tell us next time and we will have him stand back further in the booth.

usmcdad

May 15, 2010
    I missed the first shoot but plan to be there this week and 3rd shoot.

I went to the GSSF website and it looks like there are six distances to shoot. So that means I'll need to have six prepared mags to be most efficient and keep the match moving.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

Scott92

Feb 24, 2011
    Near Annapolis, MD
    I shot last month and plan to again. I only had 3 mags and it was not a problem. There is a target swap after the second 10 round phase and plenty of time to reload. Very low pressure environment. Very fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom