• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    just wondering if anyone has seen these for sale here in MD yet?? i see them from the low $400 to low $600 on gunbroker.
    with the cost of ammo its pretty neat idea making a 22lr MP-5 copy.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    They're in just about every gun shop I've been in in the last several months. Some of them even have all 3 variants. The rifle version is going for around 5-525

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    A good deal of the membership here own them. Depending on what shop you goto it may be considered as regulated because msp has been telling ffl's its a copy of the hk93/hk94 (can't remember which one) and thusly regualted (which is ******** because parts don't swap)

yea.. those GSG5's are pretty cool... i've seen them locally selling for $600+... i assume since their selling like hotcakes, they increased the price on them... from what i understand, alot of the airsoft products can be fitted for the GSG5 (rails, mounts etc...). as for quality of those products, i wouldn't know...

nice tacticool plinker though... what is downright stupid to me though is the fact they market it with a 22rd magazine, so they won't sell it with that magazine... instead they give you a 10rd magazine... why not just do a 20rd mag so that us MD'ers wouldn't need to buy a $40 paperclip modified 22rd magazine blocked to hold 15rds??? just to have us take apart the mag to remove the freakin paperclip so that it can hold 22rds?!?..

anyway... nice rifle.. end of my rant :mad54:

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Heres mine. I love this gun. Its my tactical squirrel/ groundhog deanimater. Its very accurate and alot of fun to shoot. Mine will only eat cci mini-mags reliably. Since taking this pic i have added the GSG 3 point sling and i really like it. Holds the gun at a nice low ready position.

p_00151-1.jpg

rfdallas

Feb 18, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Heres mine. I love this gun. Its my tactical squirrel/ groundhog deanimater. Its very accurate and alot of fun to shoot. Mine will only eat cci mini-mags reliably. Since taking this pic i have added the GSG 3 point sling and i really like it. Holds the gun at a nice low ready position.

p_00151-1.jpg

that is a really nice gun you got there. i like the black gun look. its a little to pricey for me.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    yea.. those GSG5's are pretty cool... i've seen them locally selling for $600+... i assume since their selling like hotcakes, they increased the price on them... from what i understand, alot of the airsoft products can be fitted for the GSG5 (rails, mounts etc...). as for quality of those products, i wouldn't know...

nice tacticool plinker though... what is downright stupid to me though is the fact they market it with a 22rd magazine, so they won't sell it with that magazine... instead they give you a 10rd magazine... why not just do a 20rd mag so that us MD'ers wouldn't need to buy a $40 paperclip modified 22rd magazine blocked to hold 15rds??? just to have us take apart the mag to remove the freakin paperclip so that it can hold 22rds?!?..

anyway... nice rifle.. end of my rant :mad54:

Actually, it's not a paper clip that blocks the mag, it's a piece of plastic and taking the plastic out makes the mag totally unreliable, I have been told.:innocent0

Actually, it's not a paper clip that blocks the mag, it's a piece of plastic and taking the plastic out makes the mag totally unreliable, I have been told.:innocent0

well, the factory mag that is sold with it is like that... and from what hear, your correct, you remove the plastic that prevents you from sliding the the feeder down and it will be unreliable...

but, i've seen a hi-cap mag that basically had a paperclip inserted in it to prevent the feeder from sliding all the way down... just remove that paperclip and you have a 22rd mag... and believe me, it was a paperclip...

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I bought one before they MSP told people they were regulated. Couldn't be happier with it. And can't complain on the price ammo for it. Especially when you can buy 500 rounds for $20 :).

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I see tons of them, and I am actually thinking of getting one. Though I would prefer the Puma PPsh clone with the 50rd drum!

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    I could have possibly picked up my 24 rnd. mags from a PA gunshow.:innocent0
    But that aside, My brother and i both have legal MD mags that we pulled the blocking plate out of. They glue the base of the plug in so that when it is removed it leaves a bit of glue residue behind which inhibits the follower. I had to file that glue off and stretch the factory spring a bit. They also have two plugs in the bottom. I took both out and found the mag to be unreliable on the last few rounds because the springs are different between the hi-cap mag and the 10 rounders. So i reinserted one plug only. That gives the spring just enough compression to feed reliably. It holds 17 rounds now. Also, keep a small amount of moly grease on the follower guides on the sides of the mag. They come like that from the factory for a reason.:D

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    What these folks are forgetting to mention is that they went across the state line to PA, WV, VA or DE THEN disassembled and modified their magazines, reassembled them and came back into Maryland.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What these folks are forgetting to mention is that they went across the state line to PA, WV, VA or DE THEN disassembled and modified their magazines, reassembled them and came back into Maryland.
    Yep. Kids, manufacturing high-cap magazines is illegal in MD. Don't do it. :)

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    The barrel is not threaded on the P, but the flash hider actually screws into the front part that supports and surrounds the barrel.

Here is my SBR'ed P (it is worth the wait):
    gsg5-sbr1.jpg

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    GSG 5PK

The GSG5PK has a threaded barrel, right? Has anyone here affixed a suppressor to it, yet?

Julio at www.mygsg5.com is a good source. Got the adapter from him but haven't coughed up the $200 for the suppressor stamp yet tho.

www.shootersjax.com was selling the PK for $409 +$25 ship a couple of weeks ago - if they have any left.
    I also got the HK pin upgrade and the GSG 5 screw upgrade from www.rrages.com - $10 IIRC.

We have a suppressor specifically for the GSG5-PK's that is externally threaded to screw on just like the flash hider. No adapters needed, much cleaner look too.
    http://practical-defense.com/products/class-iii-weapons/suppressors-silencer-nfa-class-iii-can/suppressor-silencer-can-nfa-class-iii-class-3/gsg5-costal-guns-suppressor.html

These will be going on sale later this month.

Julio at www.mygsg5.com is a good source. Got the adapter from him but haven't coughed up the $200 for the suppressor stamp yet tho.

www.shootersjax.com was selling the PK for $409 +$25 ship a couple of weeks ago - if they have any left.
    I also got the HK pin upgrade and the GSG 5 screw upgrade from www.rrages.com - $10 IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom