• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    Just got the GSG-5 and HAVE to put a scope on it....Red Dot? Reflex?

NcStar, Tasco, Sightmark????

Anyone have one they realy feel was a value? I have about $75 to spend but less is fine if it is a good value. I just need a plinker but something that holds a zero.

Let me hear what you guy's have liked and not liked!!

TIA:party29:

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    reflex sight that you find on ebay works great :thumbsup: i believe i got mine plus the rail for 45ish?

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    thanks man, i have the gsg5 pk and i have been looking at doing some sort of optic.. im thinking this may be a decent deal if it holds a zero and looks nice.

do you have a pic of this on a gsg??

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    100_6700.jpg

not the best pic but its on there solid

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    If you want something that looks cool, there are a ton of Aimpoint, Trijicon and EOtech knock-offs on Ebay well within your price range, and they tend to work OK unless you get a lemon, some even come with functional replica magnifiers and QD mounts, looks like a $1000 set-up, but costs under $100, of course they are nowhere near as good as the real stuff, but who cares,
    Most all cheap red dots look the same and function about the same with a few different features depending on model, you get the same glare and crappy glass reguardless if you buy an NCstar, Tasco, or most any of the other ones, they are all probably made in the same shanghi factory. The decent stuff tends to start at $200 or more, and in some cases is worth it, mostly because it holds up under centerfire recoil, adjusts consistently, is more likely to hold 0, and won't break from occasional bumps while handling the gun. Thing is, the GSGs are a fun and affordable replica of a cool gun, why not top it with an affordable and fun sight;)

Aimpoint replica

EOtech replica

ACOG replica

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    Bought the optic from E-bay. Free shipping, came with the rail and like 10 batteries. I love this little gun...TOO FUN!!!!

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    just ordered this leapers for mine from midway. it has red & green reticles and was only $45. i went to continental today and lit up small target with the crappy non-sighted red dot i have, so i'm real excited to get this and get it zeroed in.
    image-1.jpg

also have optics on the way for my ar:evilgrin3:innocent0

TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    just ordered this leapers for mine from midway. it has red & green reticles and was only $45. i went to continental today and lit up small target with the crappy non-sighted red dot i have, so i'm real excited to get this and get it zeroed in.
    image-1.jpg

also have optics on the way for my ar:evilgrin3:innocent0

30mm Red Dot? I liked that one too. Let me know how it works out, I may want to pick one up.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    30mm Red Dot? I liked that one too. Let me know how it works out, I may want to pick one up.

1x34 red/green i just unpacked it and can't wait to get home and mount it. i broke my digital camera sorry about the cell phone pics.
    389463545_1347280176_0.jpg

i'll get a range report on it sometime this week:)

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    I put a NCstar tactical on mine. It works pretty well. It has a green light up reticule and its range finding. I've taken a few whistle pigs with it.

p_00151.jpg

p_00152.jpg

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i really like it:thumbsup: i can't wait to get to the range, i want to see if it holds zero when you switch from green to red b/c i've heard differently from some reviews.

GUNS037.jpg

GUNS038.jpg

GUNS039.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom