• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpringChicken

Sep 17, 2010
    Anyone know if the Greenbrier Resort restricts firearms on their property? My wife wants to do a weekend there, and I'd like to bring some piece of mind. I know they have a gun club on the resort (trap/skeet/sporting), but not sure how they stand on guests carrying.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    The times I've been there shotguns have been very much in evidence. Properly handled but quite common, and it is clear the culture is welcoming and then some. As to handguns and/or CCW -- I've no experience. I expect a phone call would produce crisp answers...

SpringChicken

Sep 17, 2010
    Concealed means concealed. Why would they know?

They wouldn't. But if it's posted, or you're otherwise made aware of the owner's restriction, and you refuse to leave or turn over your weapon, you are guilty of trespassing.

West Virginia Code
    §61-7-14. Right of certain persons to limit possession of firearms on premises.

"...Any person carrying or possessing a firearm or other deadly weapon on the property of another who refuses to temporarily relinquish possession of such firearm or other deadly weapon, upon being requested to do so, or to leave such premises, while in possession of such firearm or other deadly weapon, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars or confined in the county jail not more than six months, or both..."

I'll call and ask to be certain; was just curious if anyone had any personal experience with them

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Never been to the Greenbrier to be able to answer for sure, but I've spent a VAST amount of time in that area for most of the last 6 years and I've never seen a posted establishment.

SpringChicken

Sep 17, 2010
    Never been to the Greenbrier to be able to answer for sure, but I've spent a VAST amount of time in that area for most of the last 6 years and I've never seen a posted establishment.

I just called them and spoke to their director of security. It's not posted, it's not in writing, and they did not want to put it in writing for me, but the official resort policy (with the exception of long guns at the gun club and hunt club) is that guests are not allowed to carry either openly or concealed on their property.

"You're welcome to bring a handgun with you; however, you'll have to turn it over to security to be stored in our safe during your stay."

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have carried concealed there before (HK USP Tactical), and on multiple occasions, never a problem, and there are no signs posted prohibiting carry.

No security office for any company is going to tell you they welcome guns, it just dont happen.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Not posted=not prohibited.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    count the costs. If something happens and someone sees it are you prepared to be kicked out of the early?

Which reminds me I really need to get a better conceal holster.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    count the costs. If something happens and someone sees it are you prepared to be kicked out of the early?

Which reminds me I really need to get a better conceal holster.

If im gonna get kicked out for having a legal gun, and didnt see or sign anything saying I was prohibited from carrying then my CC Company will be reversing the room charges.

Ill also be sure to show them my bare ass on the way out if they feel the need to eject a lawful carrier.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    If im gonna get kicked out for having a legal gun, and didnt see or sign anything saying I was prohibited from carrying then my CC Company will be reversing the room charges.

Ill also be sure to show them my bare ass on the way out if they feel the need to eject a lawful carrier.

You always find a way to work your bare Ass into a thread!

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Sounds like "Don't ask, don't tell" in reverse. Don't tell us you're carrying and we won't ask you to put it in the safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom