• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    21st century millenials! Eventually they'll be in control of Congress and The Senate and one of them Will be elected as POTUS!

RiGht.

Then it’ll be lIke DemoLition Man.

“It was decided thAt everythang that ain’t good for ya is bAd and thereFore illegal... Meat, coffee, beer, tobacky, conTact sports... And the onLy place ya can even LOOK at a gun is inna museum. Now have a joy-Joy day and mind the Verbal Morality Statute.”

:rolleyes:

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Agreed. I know some pro 2A teachers and they encourage respect for our freedoms in public schools. We need more pro 2A ppl to enter the teaching pipe line.

I homeschool my kids so they are all pro 2A. Homeschooling is growing by leaps and bounds. That’s going to help.

What he says! When teachers and public schools coerce students into political activities like the walkouts and when those with a liberal agenda runs the schools and chose the curriculum, it's a slow death spiral for us.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    21st century millenials! Eventually they'll be in control of Congress and The Senate and one of them Will be elected as POTUS!

An American version of Justin Trudeau ... :ohnoes:

Attachments

• _88413358_trudeaupride.jpg
      _88413358_trudeaupride.jpg
      38.8 KB · Views: 311

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I think we (Pro 2a) are our worse enemy. It seem like we always give a little and when we take time to look at what right is left we say “how did we get to this position”.

Right now you have people that have been very pro 2a say: ban bump stocks, hardly anyone has them; make 21the legal age to buy any firearm; ban the AR15 its a Weapon of war. We are very fractured group. You have what some people on here call Fudds (who supposedly only care about shotguns and nothing else). You have people who are only interested in concealed carry and are very upset if someone wants to open carry (usually what is discussed is open carry person has a power trip or something). We have people on our side that love the NRA as well as those that hate them and prefer the Second Amendment Foundation.

We all have to realize that we are a small segment of society and we are fractured at that. Once we open our eyes and see that we all agree that the 2a is important and that is a bigger picture than our small piece of pie that we feel strongly about, we will be much better off and in my opinion a stronger group to reckon with.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I think the entire industry needs to lighten up. Ranges should have ladies nights,family days,ect. with discounted rentals,onsight training for newbs,fun targets for kids and things like that. The gun industry is so geared towards manly men types and the people in a lot of shops are usually cold and unwelcoming it discourages outsiders from trying it. Recently it seems as though things have gotten better with pink guns and that kind of thing but I don't know if its enough. While guns are obviously dangerous, the community as a whole has to try harder to show the fun side of shooting. I didn't start until I was 30 even though I always wanted to get into it because between the daunting laws and uninviting culture it kept me from taking the leap. Once inside I saw how nice everyone could be but had to break through the outer shell of the gun community. I think changing the views of woman and minorities is the key to bringing in a new generation of gun lovers. As long as they see us as standoffish they will hide the fun from their kids and they'll grow up hating us without even understanding why. Its why most anti-gun people have no real answers as to why they are anti.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    WTOP radio interviewed an editor from the Daily Caller. He said regardless what laws are passed or not in reaction to the Parkland shooting, if school massacres are not stopped eventually the country will turn against the 2nd amendment.

Do you agree? If so what do you think would stop school shootings?

I do agree. It's because no new laws are going to stop every future school shooting. Poorly written laws, failure to execute, work arounds, etc. will exist. Just look at the war on drugs as a model of how difficult the problem can be.

What most of the brain-washed masses do not realize is that gun control advocates are not looking to solve school shootings, they are looking to outlaw private ownership of firearms. School shootings are tools to push that agenda. If we really wanted to reduce school shootings, there are a wealth of tools and resources we could be investigating. But no, the solution is always more gun control and the continued vilification of the NRA. It's being sold as the panacea. And the sad part how so many believe this.

The biggest threat to the second amendment are the rich and powerful who do not want regular people to have guns. They bring their considerable influence to shape policy, and control the message. And now so many wrongly believe gun control is the answer, they perpetuate that false message and even help fund those who are pushing it. I bet many pushers even know it's wrong, but still go along with it anyways for their own gain.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Main stream Media blaming guns. Not the people.

Evil people will find another way to wreak havoc.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    "Nobody wants to take away your guns.
    Nobody wants to take away your guns.
    Nobody wants to take away your guns.
    Nobody wants to take away y..."

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Since 1934, the 2A has weathered infringement after infringement, and we've carried it until the next infringement that was justified for (reasons.) The horse trading of our natural rights has to stop, and it won't until those of us who pretend to embrace to 2A actually do it. We don't trade off something because we want to look reasonable, or think we're getting something else better in return. No. It clearly hasn't worked for the last several decades.

The 2A isn't subject to popular opinion. Should the public ever actually turn against the 2A and its very core holdings, that will be when it will be needed the most. Of course, the idiots and reptiles won't do that until they've sufficiently chipped away at the right long enough to make it even more difficult to defend. That makes holding the line at every single point all the more important. We know for a fact that some critters in power, even some of them with (R) after their name, would be fine selling our birthrights down the river if it got them their 30 pieces of silver. Hold the line, ladies and gentlemen.

You want bump stocks? Molon labe.
    Magazines over a certain capacity? Molon labe.
    Pick your flavor of infringement...you guessed it, molon labe.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Misinformation.

Misinformation is spread by the media, presented as fact. People believe it. It’s passed by word of mouth, and everyone thinks it’s fact. Millionaire Bloomberg and his pals spread misinformation and the public fears guns.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I do agree. It's because no new laws are going to stop every future school shooting. Poorly written laws, failure to execute, work arounds, etc. will exist. Just look at the war on drugs as a model of how difficult the problem can be.

What most of the brain-washed masses do not realize is that gun control advocates are not looking to solve school shootings, they are looking to outlaw private ownership of firearms. School shootings are tools to push that agenda. If we really wanted to reduce school shootings, there are a wealth of tools and resources we could be investigating. But no, the solution is always more gun control and the continued vilification of the NRA. It's being sold as the panacea. And the sad part how so many believe this.

The biggest threat to the second amendment are the rich and powerful who do not want regular people to have guns. They bring their considerable influence to shape policy, and control the message. And now so many wrongly believe gun control is the answer, they perpetuate that false message and even help fund those who are pushing it. I bet many pushers even know it's wrong, but still go along with it anyways for their own gain.

The profusion of gated communities in the US reminds me of the walled compounds you used to see mainly in third-world nations. The "aristocracy" does not want the peasants to have any ability to rebel.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I think the biggest threat to the 2nd is the ones on the left. They would put obummer back in office in a heartbeat if given the chance. They truly don't understand. They think the 2nd amendment is about duck hunting. Why would you need a weapon of war to duck hunt?

Look at what happened to Jeff and his brother. All because of a wink and a nod from a pos politician that would screw over his own mom for a couple votes. The only thing that keeps "them" from coming to our houses and doing the same thing to us is the 2nd amendment. Try telling someone on the left that the 2nd is about keeping us free from our own Government. They give you that look like you have three heads.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, and I don't know what the answer is. The ballot box isn't working out real good. If somehow we could get the left to listen, they may. Most of the time when you introduce someone to guns that never shot, they like it. It would be good to win a bunch of em over.:shrug:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    We already gots people that dun turned against the 2A. They’s called “libtards”.

Absolutely.. from my community group.. the emphasis is the writers, not mine.

On Feb 20, 2018, at 12:18 PM, Connie ****** wrote:

Hi,
    When I hear the number of students who were killed in their schools this year. It worries me, even though I don't have any family members or relatives in schools anymore. We all know and understand the history and need for the Second Amendment to bear arms. But nowadays, circumstances have changed, esp In Montgomery county where our tax dollars have gone to fund the most sophisticated and expensive police department. We don't need guns to protect ourselves anymore as in the old days. We can still use rifles for hunting but why guns especially those really murdering machine guns. But how could we trust everyone, in particular the young minds, to those weapons? Are we still a thinking and well-informed people?

I would like to ask all my neighbors, esp parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and good friends of teenagers, to think about emailing, writing or calling our representatives, maybe those who are in the Ways and Means Committee, I think, could do something about CHANGING THE SECOND AMENDMENT.

I could feel and understand what those 17 and more teenagers who took upon themselves to travel up here to express their feelings and thinking are going through. I can only hope and pray that their serious action and well put thinking would get most of us to do the right thing to STOP these horrible murdering from happening again in our country.

Most of us are proud to be Americans in a truly democratic society. All these senseless killings, really massacre in the overall magnitude can and should be easily, really easily reduced and avoided for the future, If enough of the wise and sensible representatives would take upon themselves and act on it and get it done. While we, the citizens can do what we could to push it through as well.

Finally, we certainly don’t want to worry about what could happen in any of our county high schools, esp Winston Churchill HS, do we?

Thanks for reading. Please do whatever you could to keep our schools safe.
    Connie

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Absolutely.. from my community group.. the emphasis is the writers, not mine.

Please tell Connie for me that after 9/11, they armed the pilots to make planes safer. How about we do that in schools for teachers or administrators who so choose? Every teacher need not be armed for the plan to be effective. And remind her that there is no such thing as a gun-free zone. The only question is, how will we be able to respond when a bad guy with a gun shows up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom