• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Sorry I didn't see your post count was still under 50 heres the recipes...

Chili

1.5 lbs ground meat of some sort
    ½ of an onion chopped
    1 of the big cans of tomato sauce, or 2 of the regular cans
    1 regular can of red kidney beans (dark, light…doesn’t matter) drained and rinsed.
    1 regular can of black beans, drained and rinsed. (Or pinto beans are good too… if I’m making a monster pot, I’ll throw all three in.)
    3 TBSP Chili powder
    1 Tsp Cumin
    1.5 Tsp Garlic Powder
    ½ TBSP dried Oregano
    2 Tsp salt to taste….adjust for preference
    2 Tsp pepper to taste…” “
    1 Tsp sugar
    4 cups of water

For spicy, chunky chili, I put all this stuff in mine.
    Optional: 2 tomatoes diced, or (1 can of diced tomatoes)
    Optional: ½ cup of green bell pepper chopped
    Optional: 2-3 jalapenos chopped
    Optional: 1.5 Tsp Cayenne Pepper

Directions: Brown the meat. When it is half done, add the onions (and peppers, if you’re adding them.) to the pan. While the meat and onions are frying, get a big pot, or crock and add the tomato sauce, beans, spices and water. Stir all that up and put it on low to low-medium heat. (High, if using a crock pot.) When the meat/onions are done frying, drain off the fat and add to the pot. Crank that sucker to high heat and get it boiling, stirring frequently. Once it boils, reduce heat to lowest setting, cover and simmer for at least 4-6 hours; stirring once in a while. If it’s still too soupy for your preference, take the lid off and let it simmer until enough liquid boils off. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, corn bread or crackers.

OPTIONAL: During the last hour of simmering, add macaroni if you’re in the mood for chili-mac. Just boil up 1.25 cups of macaroni beforehand.

On another note I made prob the best deer stew ever!
    Stew

1-2 pounds deer or beef stew meat
    1-2tbl spoons of Paula deens house seasoning
    1-2 table spoons of cooking oil or olive oil.
    1 onion
    2 cup chicken broth
    4 cups beef broth
    1/2 cup red cooking wine
    2-4 carrots sliced into 1/2" pieces
    2-4 stalks of celery sliced into 1/2" pieces
    2-4 potato's cut into small cubes
    1 small sweet potato cut into small cubes
    1 can of corn
    2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

this is a variation of a different recipe...but this worked out great. add or subtract water to desired consistency...
    add soy sauce to deer or beef let sit for 10-15 minutes. then add 1-2 tablespoons of Paula deen's house seasoning and mix stew meat.
    meanwhile saute onions untill they start to brown. Once browned to your liking add stew meat and brown meat on all sides. once browned add the cooking wine to get all the nice flavor off the pan. When this is complete add to crock pot.
    in a 6qt crock pot add the beef & chicken broth. put crock pot on high setting. add celery, carrots let cook for 2-3 hours. stir every 30 minutes or so.
    after 2 hours set the crock pot to low and add sweet potato, regular potato's and corn. Let "stew" for another 2-3 hours. can add peas if you like 5 minutes before serving. serve with crackers, biscuit, rolls...if desired. Also you can add red pepper flakes to individual bowl to spice it up. The rest of my family doesnt like spicey so thats how I get away with it. Hopefully this recipe is not too difficult to understand

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Agreed. Lots of people think chili powder by itself is hot, but I don't. My favorite chili recipe has about 6 Tbsp for 2 lb of meat, plus 12 dried seeds-removed chili peppers and 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne. And it could still use a little more fire.

don't remove the seeds:sad20:;) add you some crushed dried chili's and throw a couple habaneros in and it will be hot for you:D

rmocarsky

Apr 20, 2011
    Quick and easy

For years I have used Wick Fowler's 2 Alarm Texas Chili as a starter and just add more garlic and chili powder as I go.

Quck and so easy.

Rmocarsky

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom