• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiley-X

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 25, 2011
    Of course the po-lease are opposed to it. Citizens arming themselves for defense means that they aren't doing their job. But wait! The police have no obligation to protect us. So they don't have to protect us AND they don't want us to be able to protect ourselves. Interesting, no?

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    Stories like this really piss me off. especially because the guy went on to do this to other people. This young lady obviously feels that she had a good chance to take care of this dude when he attacked her. I don't see how anyone can argue that keeping CCW off campus will reduce crime. It's rediculas.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "Better to be tried by twelve than get raped, or carried by six."
    I will always refuse to be defenseless and so should any other freedom loving American citizen!

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Of course the po-lease are opposed to it. Citizens arming themselves for defense means that they aren't doing their job. But wait! The police have no obligation to protect us. So they don't have to protect us AND they don't want us to be able to protect ourselves. Interesting, no?

Not all police officers want citizens to be defenseless, but unfortunately a large percentage of them do.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Man, I feel really bad for this young lady. Now that she's been raped, they give her permission? But, they won't give it to others? Sounds like the state of MD! :mad54:

She should get a good lawyer and sue their A$$. I'm not one for holding others responsible for every bad thing that happens, but these idiots disarmed her, which means to me they have an obligation to keep her safe, and they failed.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Gun-free zones = Target-rich environments for criminals

If you are a criminal, intent on robbery, rape, or murder, WHY would yet another charge of commission of a crime with a handgun in a gun-free zone worry you ?

This is the problem with the campus gun-control debate. Administrators don't think, they react, and are driven by illogical students and faculty controlled by emotion as opposed to logic.

StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co
    from the article...

He put a firearm to my temple," she recounted, "clocked off the safety, and told me not to say anything, before he raped me."

Assume for a second she had her gun on her . With a firearm pointed at her temple, how could she possibly try to defend herself ?
    Donno what's worse being raped or getting your head shut off in a confrontation with a rapist.

Unless she saw him approach.. ofc that's a diff issue.

Having a option to protect herself wouldn't hurt in any situation.

Serves her right for choosing to go strolling around the campus at night. 300 YARDS away from the police offices? Pffft, she was practically begging for it. She was probably walking around naked, too. I'm sure she led the guy on, too. She probably only reported it after he didn't call back the next day.

Anti-Gun agenda successfully defended with time-tested cliches.:smoke:

Walter

May 23, 2010
    from the article...

He put a firearm to my temple," she recounted, "clocked off the safety, and told me not to say anything, before he raped me."

Assume for a second she had her gun on her . With a firearm pointed at her temple, how could she possibly try to defend herself ?
    Donno what's worse being raped or getting your head shut off in a confrontation with a rapist.

Unless she saw him approach.. ofc that's a diff issue.

Having a option to protect herself wouldn't hurt in any situation.

He had to have put it down eventually to commit the act. That's when it would've been lights out for him.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    It really illustrates vividly the heartlessness of the anti gun people how they actually prefer that she was raped rather than able to defend herself from the rapist.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    It really illustrates vividly the heartlessness of the anti gun people how they actually prefer that she was raped rather than able to defend herself from the rapist.

There the same people that would say they don't want the death penalty for someone raping and killing there wife or daughter.

And true, she may not have had a chance to defend herself with her gun had she had it or may have gotten herself killed trying, BUT SHE HAD 0% CHANCE of defending herself as it was, I think if you asked her she would have been willing to take that chance. just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom