• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    Ma Duece in another thread posted something that I think needs to be mentioned in its own thread. What % of illegal guns on the street are stolen from the homes of gun owners? If the % is significant, then I submit that having the weapon on your person should REDUCE that! You want to keep illegal guns (criminals in possession) off MD streets, then let the legal owners guard them the best they can by allowing the gun owners to posses the weapons outside the home!

thoughts?

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Its a nice angle but probably wont get much traction. Again, you're using facts and we've seen how concerned they are with facts.

I had suggested that if they issued CCWs ... they'd get the fingerprints and personal registration they were after. Not the individual guns but the owners and that was a start (trying to appeal to them all though I'm sure it will just get laughed at)

EvilOlive

Salty Marine
    Dec 13, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I get the thought process, but I am also a big fan of hefty penalties for not properly securing firearms. It's a right to own, but that right comes with the responsibility to properly secure.

Silent Scope

Dec 12, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    I get the thought process, but I am also a big fan of hefty penalties for not properly securing firearms. It's a right to own, but that right comes with the responsibility to properly secure.

But why should you be punished for the criminal actions of another person? Even securing your weapons in a multi-thousand dollar safe doesn't mean that they will be secure. Every safe can be broken into with the right amount of time, tools, and determination. If robbers know that you have a gun safe they'll just bring in a torch or plasma cutter and cut right through the side of the safe. Lower end safes can be opened with a simple pry bar.
    Example:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=105193&highlight=safe+broken

I'm not saying that you shouldn't secure your firearms, I just don't think that its right to require that they are secure, on the basis that they could get into the hands of a criminal. Also a gun in a safe doesn't do you much good when a criminal is in your house.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    Ma Duece in another thread posted something that I think needs to be mentioned in its own thread. What % of illegal guns on the street are stolen from the homes of gun owners? If the % is significant, then I submit that having the weapon on your person should REDUCE that! You want to keep illegal guns (criminals in possession) off MD streets, then let the legal owners guard them the best they can by allowing the gun owners to posses the weapons outside the home!

thoughts?

I see you mention % (facts , evidence, statistics)

Facts, evidence, statistics = Maryland politicians playing chess games during public hearings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom