(graphic pictures) In my backyard the last thing to go through a woodchucks mind.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    UPDATE, UPDATE: At 8:05pm Big Daddy came to check in, but he checked out!

Good job, I love me some dead groundhogs! :beer:

I'm going back out later this week once the weather breaks.

This should become a summer time sticky :)

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    got another one today he was running out of the corn field while i was walking with the rifle. I gave him a quick doubletap and down he went. i was out of 22 mag so i got him with 5.56. I was leading him a little so i think the first shot was through the head. the second shot devastated his chest. the picture is a little blurry but the second shot blew his heart and lungs out of his chest and almost took the right shoulder with them. both shots were off hand at about 60 yards
    IMG_20110605_195315.jpg

IMG_20110605_195136.jpg

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Ok so its not a ground hog, but its still graphic...well kind of graphic :rolleyes:

These little bastards have been digging under the foundation of my garage and now i'm pissed! I saw one today and landed a 25 yard shot with my sons pellet gun...i swear i'm the biggest kid in the house :D

DSC08449.jpg
    [/IMG]

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Ok so its not a ground hog, but its still graphic...well kind of graphic :rolleyes:

These little bastards have been digging under the foundation of my garage and now i'm pissed! I saw one today and landed a 25 yard shot with my sons pellet gun...i swear i'm the biggest kid in the house :D

{IMG}
    Are you going to have it mounted?

Fox Trapper?

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010

DSC08449.jp
    [/IMG]

nice shot

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    They keep coming back, I keep shooting them!

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTAtMjAxMTA2MjktMTkwNS5qcGc.jpg

I'm waiting for the review on that Stoeger suppressed air rifle, so I can shoot in the yard, instead of from inside the house out of a window.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Wish I could shot the pesky ground hogs we have eating wife flowers in front yard.
    I live in a townhouse HOA in Frederick and don't think the neighbors would like it.
    I think in most city's there's an ordinance against discharge of guns anyhow..

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    Wish I could shot the pesky ground hogs we have eating wife flowers in front yard.
    I live in a townhouse HOA in Frederick and don't think the neighbors would like it.
    I think in most city's there's an ordinance against discharge of guns anyhow..

Taskers Chance?

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I just don't get some people.
    Friend of my neighbor has been complaining about ground hogs all last year.
    chewed through wires of a Prius TWICE cost them $1k each time.
    chewed through wires on their home condenser causing the unit to short $5k.

I offered them free disposal by shooting the darn thing after the first Prius incident. The declined saying...we're not like that.

After $7k or ground hog damage...
    Just found out they poured concrete into the holes and now the ground hogs are in their neighbors property.

Just don't understand some people.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    I just set up my 10/22 with an ER Shaw bull barrel and a hogue stock. Shooting CCI subsonic 39gr it is just as quiet as my Gamo .177 springer. I have a box trap in my grandmther's backyard in AAcounty, but all I've caught so far is a rabbit. DNR says no conibear traps, and she has dogs in the yard anyway.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just don't get some people.
    Friend of my neighbor has been complaining about ground hogs all last year.
    chewed through wires of a Prius TWICE cost them $1k each time.
    chewed through wires on their home condenser causing the unit to short $5k.

I offered them free disposal by shooting the darn thing after the first Prius incident. The declined saying...we're not like that.

After $7k or ground hog damage...
    Just found out they poured concrete into the holes and now the ground hogs are in their neighbors property.

Just don't understand some people.

When i moved into my house 8 years ago, my neighbors told me they had names for all of the local groundhogs. That was about 15 -20 groundhogs ago :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom