• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Why can you not get it through your sanctimonious ego-shield that there were never any "secret meeting promises" made?!

No "I'll change things."
    No "Day One."
    Nothing.

There were merely conversations and understandings of the current state of things, the possibilities, and the 'temperature' of the 2A community.

Now, there is growing concern that he seems not to be actively working on things. But many of us were well aware of that possibility and--in my case--had penciled in September of this year to see movement (I believe I posted that back in 2014), and then we can keep building on the foundational changes that are in place.

Yes, the situation with Pallozi is disappointing at this juncture. We need to be ready to adjust to what ever the situation is in the runup to the 2017 session.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Why can you not get it through your sanctimonious ego-shield that there were never any "secret meeting promises" made?!

No "I'll change things."
    No "Day One."
    Nothing.

There were merely conversations and understandings of the current state of things, the possibilities, and the 'temperature' of the 2A community.

Now, there is growing concern that he seems not to be actively working on things. But many of us were well aware of that possibility and--in my case--had penciled in September of this year to see movement (I believe I posted that back in 2014), and then we can keep building on the foundational changes that are in place.

Yes, the situation with Pallozi is disappointing at this juncture. We need to be ready to adjust to what ever the situation is in the runup to the 2017 session.

I've heard this 'day one' comment before, didn't know the context; thanks.

Last edited:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    You must have been captain of your swim club because you sure do like to go off the deep end
    Save your sanctimonious BS for someone else.
    My angst is not due to my still having restrictions as you have attempted to put your usual twist on things. It's due to the total lack of movement bytes Hogan, after the secret meeting promises that piss me off. And again for the slower class members, yes, we know we would be worse off with Brownstown but that shouldn't give Hogan a free pass for treating us like red headed step children.
    I do regret that the actual 2a Republican candidate did not win the primary.

Sent from my SM-G930V using crapatalk

Okay we get it...

YOUR guy did not win the election.

And YOUR permit is not what you want it to be. At least you are one of the few who actually have one. There are a lot of folks who would love to be, at the least, where you are. NO ONE is "...giving Hogan a free pass."

Save your picayune BS for the glass half empty crowd. Wet blankets can be checked at the gate with the rose colored glasses. There are some who actually view any progress as ...well ...progress.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

No "I'll change things."
    No "Day One."
    Nothing.

You're good with the search function. I'm sure you can find the threads where these promises were extolled by, let's see, Dan. This was after claiming that Hogan personally requested the meeting. It took almost 3 weeks of pressing Dan for the subject matter, but after begging Hogan's permission to release that info it was published here in the " On day one" post. Yeah, that meeting that was not open to anyone not invited= closed door meeting. Good try at revisionist history though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    After you.

You conveniently exclude that Dan said that "Day One" was not directly related to 2A issues, but rather about appointments in general.

Nice try, though.

Good try ,but no prize for you. Would these post be referring to the closed door meeting tha you now claim never happened? You can attempt to separate the individual lines of his promises from the "Day One", but it falls on deaf ears. One thing he did get right, we are just a small part of Hogan''s plan. Here it is for those who have forgotten.
    April 22nd, 2014, 06:14 PM

dblas

Posts: 6,459 With regards to Larry Hogan, he is the only candidate to request a meeting with MSI, AGC, MSRPA and the MLFDA. He met with AGC and MSI this past Monday to get our input, He has a meeting (tomorrow I think) with the MLFDA to get their input.

To date, neither Craig or Lollar have asked for such a meeting or asked for input, to me at least, that speaks volumes about the other two. Yes, they have a plan, but it appears to be their plan with no input from the folks that will still be here long after they are gone.

Make no mistake, Hogan is crafting his message for the widest audience possible and that is the state economy, businesses, taxes, and jobs. Give them a little time to finish crafting their 2A message, but don't expect it to be out front, it is only a small part of the big picture.

April 23rd, 2014, 07:47 PM

dblas

Originally Posted by rwbow1969
    ?????????????????????
    Waiting to get direction on what I can say. It was his meeting, I was a guest, their call on giving permission to speak about the details of his meeting.

May 5th, 2014, 03:38 PM

dblas

Posts: 6,459 OK, finally got permission to post the highlights of the meeting.

Larry Hogan's plan for the 2A community as suggested and discussed on April 21:

Day one as Governor, replace the entire cabinet to include Secretary of the State Police and the Director of Public Safety and corrections.

Issue a directive to MSP, that self protection shall be a G&S reason for a carry permit. This would effectively make MD a shall issue state, without the need of the legislature.

Issue a directive that the one shot firearms certification for the HQL will be removed from the requirement.

Issue a directive that any and all administrative changes to licensing and dealers will be published in COMAR instead of changing at the whim of the individual in charge on a daily basis, based on how their coffee tasted that morning.

Revamp the Cease Fire Council, the Handgun Review Board, and the Handgun Permit Review Board.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Pilot fish are starting to tune in. Let's keep this discussion offline.

Lets keep this discussion of who's meeting who after kindergarten lets out off of Maryland Shooters completely. The tone it has taken is not welcome here. I am locking the thread and any abuse of PM's by anyone on any "side" of this little spat will be dealt with appropriately. TIA!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thank you, this is an important discussion. And with any luck we can detour around the fish and the weird psychotic breakdowns of wannabe "mediators". (Those posts have been removed but I have screenshots if that nonsense reappears)

Gov. Hogan is the horse pulling the cart of Republicans and right-thinking Independents. That deserves respect and deference.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So where is the sit down?

Oh right, someone calls you names (fighting words, posts now deleted)...but says , weirdly "all due respect", demands that you send him secret notes and then demands you meet with him somewhere.

I would say you need to take a Minute,Man, to think about that creepy episode.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks for re-opening the thread, its an important topic.

What a great visit to Annapolis today, was a little hotter and more crowded than I would have liked; but still fun.

Maybe we should place bets (I don't actually bet, its an expression), on if Hogan is going to move on any gun issues during the remainder of his governorship. I'm thinking not!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thanks for re-opening the thread, its an important topic.

What a great visit to Annapolis today, was a little hotter and more crowded than I would have liked; but still fun.

Maybe we should place bets (I don't actually bet, its an expression), on if Hogan is going to move on any gun issues during the remainder of his governorship. I'm thinking not!

Annapolis is right on the water. Any Pilot fish follow you?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      18 KB · Views: 310

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom