• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    "they are not exposed to criminal or other protected records"...

Your Delegate just said they would be more concerned about the privacy of criminals than the law abiding citizenry...

What a douche.

Yep...and the kicker is he's a retired Balto. Co cop. Think he'd know better.

I'm surprised that I got a reply from him at all.

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    Yeah, so other than your name, address, social security number, date of birth and the fact that you're a gun owner....nothing to worry about at all.

Don't forget the work phone number on the 77r.

Makes it easy for the Black Guerrilla baby momma guard who works for the Department of Corrections to call your workplace to confirm that you are there at any given time.

Then the home invaders only have to deal with your wife and kids-not you.

They probably get bonus crack for any application stolen with an "X" in the weapon type question.

Avery807

Aug 16, 2013
    How can they make this right with us?

There is no making it right with us. If that information, even one person's, got beyond the intended eyes - there is no going back. Lifelock subscriptions can help with the financial stuff, but the state won't pay for it forever. Most identity thieves strike immediately, because they steal credit cards, etc. but this is a different ball game completely. We can't just get issued a new SS# like we would a credit card. If thieves have our info, they can wait years to use it.

But I am more concerned about someone having my address and a list of every regulated firearm I have purchased. Especially with the ties to the BGF that were evident in the DOC. It would not take much for them to wait on my dark street for me to come or go from my house so they can force me inside at gunpoint. Criminals know hardly any of us have a CCW, so once we are outside our doors, we are likely unarmed. My financials can be fixed, though it is a PITA. Someone coming to do a home invasion or come after me for the weapons they know I have - THAT is what I am scared of. That takes it to a different level.

There is NO way that the MSP or the Government can guarantee my information did not fall into the wrong hands. One person with a cell phone camera is all it takes and there is no audit that will catch it. Background checks after the fact may pull up someone that needs investigation. But it won't help when the information was already passed to the brother of the friend of their sister's baby's daddy. If there is a way to get lifelock or something similar, great. But I think what I need more is a CCW now. I'm disabled and can't run from trouble, so I am a victim in waiting. I'm a big scary looking dude, but that is not going to help when some thugs with guns come looking to steal mine.

Anubis

Dec 26, 2010
    I don't know why everyone is so concerned. It's only correctional officers that have sex with inmates while sneaking drugs into the prison and apparently now child molesters have access to my SS#

(I know not all CO's are dirtbags. It's tongue in cheek)

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/79093

Jul 1, 2012
    There is no making it right with us. If that information, even one person's, got beyond the intended eyes - there is no going back. ...

According to the latest MSI release, it's far worse than that - everyone with same password, access to the whole database through an unsecured, public portal. I can't imagine a much worse scenario. Until they shut that thing down, ANYONE can have access to our info. Shut it down, RIGHT NOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom