• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    I cannot believe this guy. Because I send him emails telling him about his various policies I DO NOT AGREE WITH, I am now on his email auto distro. Okay, no big deal, alot of them are good for a laugh. But the below email from the Gov is just such a hypocrisy------Specifically

Nearly 200 years ago, after the British had sacked and burned Washington, they set their sights on Baltimore. Instead, Baltimore was defended by its people, who believed enough in one another to come together. And as the Star-Spangled Banner waved in triumph after that fateful battle, our nation's anthem was born.

So if he had his way today, that wouldn't be possible because that liberal a$$hat would have us un-armed.

So which one is it Gov? Is you is or is you ain't behind citizens 2A rights? You're damn ready to take credit for it and party like it is 1812!!!!
    -----------------------

April 27, 2012

Dear Friend,

In a few days, this commercial will be played all across our region. We wanted to give you the opportunity to see it first.

Nearly 200 years ago, after the British had sacked and burned Washington, they set their sights on Baltimore. Instead, Baltimore was defended by its people, who believed enough in one another to come together. And as the Star-Spangled Banner waved in triumph after that fateful battle, our nation's anthem was born.

This is the story of the Star-Spangled Banner. This is the story of Maryland. And this is the story that we will celebrate this summer.

After watching the commercial, I cannot wait for the free Sailabration and all of the War of 1812 celebrations.

We have a ton of great events including the world premiere of an Overture for 2012 by Philip Glass and a special performance by the Blue Angels.

Click here for a full list of events and more information.

I hope to celebrate with you!

Thank you,

Martin O'Malley
    Governor

empire550

Spoons made me fat
    Nov 1, 2011
    The 198th anniversary.

It was the war of 1812 but the battle of Baltimore was in September 1814

:lol:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    The great orator!

Attachments

• We're listening- Gov.jpg
      We're listening- Gov.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 330

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    you know he didnt write that some speech writer did. he probably doesnt even know the letter was sent out. he is too busy trying to steal more money from our pockets.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    you know he didnt write that some speech writer did. he probably doesnt even know the letter was sent out. he is too busy trying to steal more money from our pockets.

you are correct, his cronies and Obama's cronies are on the Eastern Shore today meeting with business leaders promoting "green energy" initiatives.

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    I love how someone takes a certain aspect of history and cleverly shapes it to his uses. Omitting certain details. Like the armed citizens who protected a fledgling nation. And enhancing others. This happened in Maryland!
    History is great, but only if you tell the whole story.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    He shapes more than history ...

Putting aside that political donations made by corporations were deemed 'free speech' by the Citizens United decision ... I'm not against transparency.

One loophole down, 24 to go
    Our view: Campaign finance reform doesn't go nearly far enough

This afternoon, Gov.Martin Owe'Malley plans to sign what may be the most significant step toward increasing transparency in Maryland's system of campaign finance in years: a requirement that those who contribute more than $500 to a single candidate during an election cycle list their occupation and employer. That's a good thing; it will give the public a much better idea of who is backing candidates for office and why. However, the fact that this step only brings Maryland up to some semblance of the standard the federal government has employed since the 1970s, and a majority of other states have long held as well, shows just how far the state has to go if voters are to have confidence that the entire campaign finance system isn't just a means for special interests to buy influence.

Making large(r) donations transparent is all well and good, but what about Sen. Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign that allowed donors to use largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that potentially were used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor's identity ? Even his aides acknowledged that faced with a HUGE influx of donations over the Internet, the campaign had also chosen not to use basic security measures to prevent potentially illegal or anonymous contributions from flowing into its accounts.

Since Owe'Mally has already trotted out his 2016 aspirations and sings Obama's praises chapter and verse, what's to say that an influx of small, untraceable prepaid credit card donations wouldn't fuel his campaign too ? As evidenced by this lopsided law, he already knows all too well how to play the 'divert and blame' game in the PRofMD, so what's really needed to ensure FULL disclosure on ALL donations.

If the Gov and his Democrat cronies really want transparency, make them also disclose how much they receive in sum total of pre-paid credit card donations ... coming most likely from the rank and file members of SEIU/ACORN-like organizations, which in turn are being funded in the shadows by leftist organizations or individuals with large sums of money like maybe ... George Soros ?

File this under "What's good for the goose ..."

I know ... time for a re-line ... :tinfoil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom