Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    I got it at 10:12 this morning...

urgentbs.jpg

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Is this from a third party PAC and not directly endorsed by the governor? If so what's to stop us from sending emails around from O'Malley saying he wants to kill the bill?

Also in the other thread someone mentioned that the image might be copyrighted - an angle to explore.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Maybe enough people are awake now to send this jackass (MOM) packing and to install a new governor who will take the lead and rollback the already asinine gun laws we have in Maryland.

Constitutional carry would be a great start!:D

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    http://www.governor.maryland.gov/mail/

true way to get to him..

but limited to 400 words..

4000 characters, that's a pretty good bit.

Here's what I sent:

Governor O'Malley,
    Do the honorable thing and pull the plug on this terrible bill. You and I both know that there is not one single part of this bill that will prevent crime or make anyone safer in any way. Your grandstanding and pushing this proves how out of touch you really are with the normal, hard-working, citizens of Maryland. Just admit to yourself that this was a bad idea, let it die, and we will all be better off.
    Your Friend,
    Bob

Maybe I'll get a new penpal out of all this:innocent0

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    I just sent this around after that email.

Mr. INSERT POLITICIAN HERE,

I was emailed from the O'Malley email listing. I'm taking the time and effort to email you for the truth. I'm completely against your waste of time and money on the Assault Weapons Band / Weapons Safety Act. According to the FBI published reports for Maryland there was two murders with a rifle of any sort (Hunting, Assault, Etc.). In Maryland you are more likely to be killed by a fist / foot and a Hammer then by a rifle. I own several "Assault" Rifles and several handguns, and a registered democrat. I care less about politics but when there is blatant lies and deceit to push agenda I try to react and do what I can. Criminals don't care about gun laws, they love gun laws. The more red tape to own a gun, the less guns. That means criminals again have the upper hand because they are CRIMINALS they don't care about laws. A criminal will not purchase a gun legally, it costs too much money and face it, duhh they will probably be arrested. Please stop wasting our time, money, and freedoms to make someone hide from the real problems facing this broken state and country.

TRapture, Baltimore Maryland

One response so far.........
    "Senator Norman Stone is vehemently opposed to this legislation and will vote against it. Thank you for your email on this very important issue. JoAnne, Legislative Assistant"

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Wow, you can feel the desperation, you know if this were a slam dunk he never would have written it.

Keep up the pressure gals and guys! I'm making another round of calls now.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    If a candidate cannot strategize with a PAC or have a PAC do as thy ask how is this PAC sending a letter signed by the governor? Could some sort of campaign finance laws be broken here?

Wow, nice catch. Now that you've said that expect a visit from MSP as they tell you there's nothing to see here, move along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom