• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crudmucosa

Dec 28, 2009
    Woodlawn
    Took my pesky, high-right shooting Bushmaster M4-style rifle (http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=38228) to Hap Baker on Saturday. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, it now shoots pretty much where I aim it. I remounted the carry handle and adjusted the rear sight as far left as it could go. Adjusted the front sight down a smidge as well.

I did notice that the rail on the upper is ridiculously tight. So much so that when I tried sliding a friend's A.R.M.S. BUIS it took a Herculean effort to align it with the rear notches. On his Rock River upper it slid on like a buttered bull moose. And again, my shots printed way right until I dialed the rear sight all the way to the left.

The laser boresighter I used to get my friend's Eotech HWS dialed in at home put a nice red dot off to the right as well. Is this an indicator that something ain't right with the barrel? With the upper rail? Or perhaps that I remain more stupid than I'd previously thought?

Mr Ed

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 13, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I am sure some will take the bait and insult your intelligence. However I will pass because I too had trouble with my carbine (DPMS Lite 16 Flat top) achieving zero. Turns out the A2 front sight was canted on the barrel. After the upper took a trip to DPMS under warranty they returned it to me with the cant corrected. (The front sight was pinned and I could not correct easily myself). This solved the windage issue with my BUIS.
    However then I could not get the elevation correct without turning my stock front sight post too far up. Turns out that an "F" stamped (shorter) front sight is required on a carbine or the front sight post needs to be replaced with a longer one. DPMS did not provide either on my new Evil Black Rifle. $9 and a short wait for a longer front sight post from DEL-Ton (Bushmaster sells them too) and I was ready to go zero the carbine for the third time.
    YMMV. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom