• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Was watching the last episode of Top Shot and got a giggle watching the he-men bitch about shooting the FAL. I esp. got a hard laugh when Brian Zins kept confusing the take-down latch for a safety, breaking the gun open again and again.
    It all got me thinking about my small collection of FALs and wondering how many other members here have FALs.
    Post 'em if ya got 'em!

G1 - Built in my basement on Imbel receiver, G1 it I got from DSA, Ironwood furniture, Duracoat finish (love working with this stuff).
    Israeli Light Barrel Clone - Another one I built on an Imbel receiver and DSA G1 kit. Manganese parked by yours truly.
    C1 Clone - Took an old L1A1 sporter built on an Argie receiver and scrounged enough Canadian bits to make it look enough like a C1 to please me. Zinc parked it years ago and it's taken on that wonderful green patina that you see on Garands.
    Israeli Heavy Barrel - Got a HB kit for a whopping $125 from Pat Burns back in the Cretaceous period. Built it on an Entreprise Israeli Match receiver and zinc parked it.

Attachments

• G1L.jpg
      G1L.jpg
      33.4 KB · Views: 949
    • G1L1.jpg
      G1L1.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 964
    • ILB1.JPG
      ILB1.JPG
      26.6 KB · Views: 937
    • C1L1.jpg
      C1L1.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 889
    • C1R1.jpg
      C1R1.jpg
      25.2 KB · Views: 834
    • C1R2.jpg
      C1R2.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 985
    • IHB1.jpg
      IHB1.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 1,023
    • IHB2.jpg
      IHB2.jpg
      37 KB · Views: 1,057

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Furniture in the 4th picture is awesome. Almost like tiger stripes but in the style of wood. Very nice collection.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Great collection of FAL's! That's my battle rifle of choice and I certainly have a few. That HB is my dream FAL!! I remember not being able to afford a HB kit about five years ago- at $800. I don't even want to know what they go for these days...:sad20:
    I still have some kits and receivers to get built, but the person I was planning on doing it passed away. I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually.

Again, beautiful FAL's, Mawkie! You have an expansive collection of firearms :party29:

I only have a picture of one FAL and I believe it's sharing the picture with another weapon. I'll see if I can dig it up later.

I'm eagerly awaiting all of the other FAL guys I know on this board to post pics!

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    My FAL would look like an ugly duckling next to those beautiful rifles

Same here. Really sweet collection you have there. I love the one with the wood furniture in Tiger Stripe. I need to get another FAL just to be able to set it up like that. Maybe next year, too much on the burner this year already.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    After looking at your FAL I think I'll skip the Sig 522 I was going to get tomorrow and save up some more for something from DSA. Need a FAL for my collection.

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    Every now and then I find a thread I just know I shouldn't click on.This is one of those.Until about two weeks ago my only firearms plans consisted of deciding on an upper for my unassembled AR lower and collecting the needed parts for the remaining M1 receivers.Then the need to have an FAL hit.Was back and forth between buying a complete rifle or building from a parts kit.Pretty much made up my mind to find a parts kit and build one.Now of course these pictures get posted today.So thinking now sell the Ar lower,one complete Ar,most definitely the M1917 and postpone the M1 builds to finance an FAL purchase.And this after a long lost buddy of mines calls out of the blue and wants to know if I want to by another Chevelle,the car disease has been dormant for a year or more.Looking like an expensive month for me.Now I guess I'll be posting a WTB ad for a kit or an entire rifle.

LeadPumper

Jul 20, 2008
    DSASTG58AFAL.jpg

One and only FAL. DSA Type II with STG front end, free float tube with Harris bipod, G3 grip, Magpul stock and IOR scope on a DSA base.

Long range heavy hitter....

-Jeff

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I've always liked and wanted an FAL, but the prices of quality FAL's have really gotten out of control. I still may to bite the bullet and just pick one up.

AIM Surplus gets some DSA Imbel based rifles in now and then. $1,000 + S/h and transfer.

Someone here got one I think.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Yeah, whenever I get an extra $1K sitting around, I check AIM; the timing hasn't lined up, yet. Once I get a .308 can, I'll try harder.

Ever think of building a FAL? Do what I did, buy the US compliance parts, then get some other nice new goodies and then a receiver. I did it over a 12 month period. No one big purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom