• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    It's a PTAC LPK... PTAC is a company that makes parts exclusively for PSA but they are all of a lower quality (sounds to me as PSA just renamed their 2nds). Don't buy this thinking you are getting the decent LPK that PSA makes.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    That is a good deal. I recently purchased an LPK, Buffer & Tube w/ Magpul ACS Stock from PSA for $149.99 — now if the dang thing would just ship already. :)

landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    That is a good deal. I recently purchased an LPK, Buffer & Tube w/ Magpul ACS Stock from PSA for $149.99 — now if the dang thing would just ship already. :)

Tell me about it, I placed a buffer kit order on 11/1 and still no shipping info. I've been very please with other vendors, most shipping out same or next day, guess I've been spoiled.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Tell me about it, I placed a buffer kit order on 11/1 and still no shipping info. I've been very please with other vendors, most shipping out same or next day, guess I've been spoiled.

Yep, mine was the day before on 10/31. This in my first time ordering with PSA, and I'm being patient. The cost savings for all that comes with the kit is worth the wait. For me, the ACS stock alone retails for $110.00 - and I'm getting an LPK with MOE grip, trigger guard, and buffer tube assembly to boot.

I've read here and from other sources that PSA typically ships the order within 14 days, so I'm expecting to get a shipping confirmation by the end of next week.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yep, mine was the day before on 10/31. This in my first time ordering with PSA, and I'm being patient. The cost savings for all that comes with the kit is worth the wait. For me, the ACS stock alone retails for $110.00 - and I'm getting an LPK with MOE grip, trigger guard, and buffer tube assembly to boot.

I've read here and from other sources that PSA typically ships the order within 14 days, so I'm expecting to get a shipping confirmation by the end of next week.

I've had 4 orders from PSA in the last 2 weeks. I have received 2 so far (the oldest of the 4 orders), but only received a heads up email for one being shipped. They are a reliable company, but timely shipments and even communication about shipments isn't their forte.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    They are primarily a family run business, when I was there a while back there was a kid packing the boxes, family members working the counters (some were flying into town to work when they had time off from their 9-5), and the CEO is a fairly high ranking officer with the SC Guard. So needless to say they have grown a garage business into something well beyond their availability to handle it "in the family." So they hire outsiders, but to keep family equity high and prices low they have to hire cheap help and run a skeleton crew, which keeps the shipping times long and increases the likelihood or errors.

Still love the company, just not the delays.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I agree. Even if PSA is slow to ship, I trust this company and love their deals. I placed another order with them last night (#5 in recent weeks - didn't add to my shipment queue because it's a brand new order). With builds on my mind, I find PSA, JoeBobs, AIM, and BCM sites indispensable, with occasional visits to Primary Arms (super quick shipping), Classic City, Operation Parts, Brownells, etc.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Exactly.... I think this LPK is the better buy.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...armory-classic-lpk-overmolded-grip-black.html

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

I don't doubt that the kit you reference is excellent. And I admittedly did not know any better at the time. But even the PTAC kit consists of basic parts that are pretty hard to screw up. The grip is decent, the butt stock is decent. Mine went together very well.

That being said; I would not get a PTAC bolt and bolt carrier. The PTAC bolts are not made of Carpenter 158 steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom