• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Yeah, I get that, I addressed that in the previous post, that law does exempt WCP holders.

Judging by Cyberlex reply, I could have been more clear, but the rest of the post you quoted, was in reference to :

6. In or around State-owned public buildings and grounds - COMAR 04.05.01.03

Which seemed to be the nearest law on the state law list to the Baltimore City code in question. If you had the text of each pulled up it should have become more clear as to what I was referencing, but, again, I should have been more clear, especially for those not following the conversation.
    This is why preemption is a big deal. It's easier to have 50 law codes on firearms than thousands. Those who oppose preemption don't seem to get how confusing the laws are that they don't even enforce. I just saw Langley's video on the "red flag" law and how much it's used in the different states that have it in place. Florida is number 1, followed by Delaware and Maryland, I believe. Not even the Democrat safe spots like DC, California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, and Colorado use the law as often. "Oh, the police don't know that the law is in place." Total BS right there. Every state police unit dealing with firearm laws have to be trained to watch out for those who break the laws, assuming that they're allowed to enforce the laws without DAs having issues with it. They don't talk about how gun control laws affect those of minority groups unless it's for gun control. Pathetic! There's no precedent that allows us to disarm people of color or religion because it was done in the past. My suggestion is: Leave people alone and let them do what they see fit to defend themselves and their loved ones. Period!

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    This is why preemption is a big deal. It's easier to have 50 law codes on firearms than thousands. Those who oppose preemption don't seem to get how confusing the laws are that they don't even enforce. I just saw Langley's video on the "red flag" law and how much it's used in the different states that have it in place. Florida is number 1, followed by Delaware and Maryland, I believe. Not even the Democrat safe spots like DC, California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, and Colorado use the law as often. "Oh, the police don't know that the law is in place." Total BS right there. Every state police unit dealing with firearm laws have to be trained to watch out for those who break the laws, assuming that they're allowed to enforce the laws without DAs having issues with it. They don't talk about how gun control laws affect those of minority groups unless it's for gun control. Pathetic! There's no precedent that allows us to disarm people of color or religion because it was done in the past. My suggestion is: Leave people alone and let them do what they see fit to defend themselves and their loved ones. Period!

I've known people who were "red flagged" in Maryland long before it became the law. In one case I saw the documents, and it was less than 2 minutes in between when the matter was called, and when the magistrate signed the order. I don't recall the exact numbers but it was something like Called at 12:34. Order stamped 12:35. Ended for this unfortunate soul with a weeklong involuntary commitment, complete with forced medications.

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    I've known people who were "red flagged" in Maryland long before it became the law. In one case I saw the documents, and it was less than 2 minutes in between when the matter was called, and when the magistrate signed the order. I don't recall the exact numbers but it was something like Called at 12:34. Order stamped 12:35. Ended for this unfortunate soul with a weeklong involuntary commitment, complete with forced medications.
    That's awful.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Things like this will do down as they were specifically called out during the trial. nearly 1/2 the state is state forest land.

11. Chesapeake Forest lands, except at designated shooting ranges and when legally hunting - COMAR 08.01.07.14
    12. State Forests, except at designated shooting ranges and when legally hunting - COMAR 08.01.07.04
    13. State Parks, except at designated shooting ranges and when legally hunting - COMAR 08.07.06.04
    14. State Highway rest areas, when displayed - COMAR 11.04.07.12

"
    How much of Maryland is forests?

Forests cover 41 percent of Maryland, or 2.6 million acres. This amount of forest cover is remarkable in a state that has seen tremendous population growth and economic development in recent years. There are three reasons for this high percentage of forested land.

"

That's two different things .

The 41% , is the % of the state that is forrested .

214,000 acres is State Forrest Lands , meaning land that is owned/ managed by the Maryland Forrest Service , a division of DNR , but seperate from the Maryland Park Service .

It's still problematic , because moreso than State Parks , WMA , NRMA , etc , because it's common to have private property intermingled among Forrest property , and for regular roads to weave in and out of State Forrest land and not be obvious which is which .

Hoss

Sep 4, 2013
    Prosecutors in That hell hole don't have a problem dropping charges for illegal guns. I think the police lieutenant should have thought it through and used better discretion and logic. It is easy to bully the law abiding!

DFC

May 16, 2017
    Carrying concealed in Maryland with out a valid MSP issued permit .Dumb
    Confusing a civilian Gun Permit for a sworn officer's badge & ID. Dumber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom