• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    Finally got a chance to sight in my new AR and headed down to Zeke's. I went to the 25 yard range and wound up talking to some guys in the other lane who were shooting a yugo SKS. As we were talking about our mutual interest in C&R's one fella says hey, I see you run the 20 round mags (in my AR), I have one here you can have as I only use the 30 rounders now. I explained to him that it was kind of an "old timers" thing with me but that I did have some 30 rounders on order from Thunderstick, and I would soon be picking them up. He still wanted me to have it so I thanked him and asked him if he happened to be a member here. He stated he was and so I just wanted to let the others know what nice people we have here as members. Big thumbs up to ob1murry!:thumbsup:

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    All I have to do is mention DSC in conversation and my son will come running down the steps with his camo's on and his rifle in his hand. :D

DSC is the only MD range I've visted but I have visited numerous out of state ranges. DSC is the best I've ever been to. Folks there are friendly and helpful.:thumbsup:

ob1murry

May 18, 2011
    Finally got a chance to sight in my new AR and headed down to Zeke's. I went to the 25 yard range and wound up talking to some guys in the other lane who were shooting a yugo SKS. As we were talking about our mutual interest in C&R's one fella says hey, I see you run the 20 round mags (in my AR), I have one here you can have as I only use the 30 rounders now. I explained to him that it was kind of an "old timers" thing with me but that I did have some 30 rounders on order from Thunderstick, and I would soon be picking them up. He still wanted me to have it so I thanked him and asked him if he happened to be a member here. He stated he was and so I just wanted to let the others know what nice people we have here as members. Big thumbs up to ob1murry!:thumbsup:

Not a problem buddy. Glad to hear you actually enjoyed your time out there, I was worried that those other guys there may have ruined the day for you, I honestly am still in a little bit of shock that that happened.

Poor guy was out there trying to sight in his AR and the guy on the other side of him takes his GSG-5 and as quick as he can, he lights up every target up and down the line, jindodog goes from having like 3 preliminary shots for adjustments on the paper to having like 15 on paper.

This is the second or third time I have spent a little bit of time chatting with some other mdshooters members out there, and it is always a pleasure. Just nice to know that there are other out there who embrace shooting, but also respect it and the other shooters, instead of the majority of idiots I seem to always stumble across when I go to the range, gives me a little bit of hope that the world isn't completely hopeless.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

You shot Sporting Clays with an AR???

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    Not me but I think the guys who hosed everybody else's targets on the 25 yd range got a few clays over on the other range at the same time.;)

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    The target stands are there as well as staplers and spotting scopes. I know you get two free targets when you check in as well as free ear plugs, everything you need.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I personally think that DSC is the best range I have ever been to. My favorite part is that they will let you shoot random things like tvs and breadmakers [just be sure to clean up after yourself so you don't ruin it for everyone]. they also let you use tannerite and shoot rapid fire. 6 lbs of tannerite in a big screen tv is awesome. I love it when the range is deserted and i get the whole place to myself. I have no problem with the fee, just save up all your shooting and spend 6 hours there. It's a good way to get your money's worth.

Doberdad

Feb 23, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    Great place. Knew nothing about it when we moved here, but since it is 13 miles away it seemed like the logical place to go. Can't believe how I lucked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom