Good Chinese restaurant in Ellicott City?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    For the same reason someone will soon chime in about a restaurant in Annapolis they should try.
    You should try this place in Philly. You can get a big dish of beef chow mein.

Lee How Fook August 2010 003.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Try Zen in Burtonsville. It's about 20 mins away from Ellicott City but it's great!

Of get a ticket to China (Keeping with the thread)

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Grace garden, quite simply, is the best Chinese restaurant within 20 miles of EC.

Order from the Chinese menu. Get them to translate for you. It's worth it.

Just got back home from our lunch at Grace Garden. Freakin' awesome. We stuck with the "western" lunch specials, but next time I'm going "native".

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Thanks for the tip!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Patty and I like Asian Court (9180 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21042 near the old Chatham Mall). Great service and they have dim sum on Saturdays and at lunch time.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I thought Lotte's, the grocery store, was closed. Is there another grocery store there now?

We were last there (at the Ellicott City location) in mid-June. Don't know if things have changed since then, but there was a Korean operated grocery store at the time, and I believe that the banner was still Lotte.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Tai Aroma is in that little Asian strip mall in the pizza wedge of Rt 40 and Rt 29.
    Less grease than Chinese.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Make sure you look under the tables and table cloths, went there one time, roaches everywhere. Disgusting. Never again.

I repaired the electric in a couple Chinese carry outs in the Howard county area a few years ago. I haven't eaten Chinese food since then. The fronts are nice and fancy. The backs would make you throw up. I'm sure a lot of places are like this. But I'm not eating Chinese anymore in my lifetime.:sad20:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I believe that the banner was still Lotte.

I had to look it up. The health dept shut them down back in 2007. I didn't figure they would make a come back from that. I liked their vegetables, way too many choice in canned and bottled stuff with labels I couldn't read and fish, well you might never eat fish again if you walked through the seafood dept.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    We were last there (at the Ellicott City location) in mid-June. Don't know if things have changed since then, but there was a Korean operated grocery store at the time, and I believe that the banner was still Lotte.

Lotte there is in a death struggle with the brand spanking new H Mart diagonally across the intersection from them. H Mart is a very nice store with an amazing selection from all over Asia.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lotte there is in a death struggle with the brand spanking new H Mart diagonally across the intersection from them. H Mart is a very nice store with an amazing selection from all over Asia.

We hit H Mart sometimes too, especially the one in Gaithersburg off Lost Knife with a Trader Joe's on the other side of the complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom