• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It is "provide" fact that libertarians pull just as much from the Democrat candidate as they do the Republican candidate. It is also "provide" fact that if these other 2 parties wanted our votes they could get them if they wanted.

First off, if the electoral system was truly fair, you would be correct. Maryland is a deep blue Democrat controlled state.

The Dems could care less about anyone providing "facts", they only care about winning. They will let you have all the "fact" you want, as long as they can tax the crap out of you, and control everything in your life.

It's a control thing. The Democrats decriminalized marijuana (not legalized) to garner votes. However, if you have paraphernalia, plan on having the book thrown at you and possibly your assets seized.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Interesting on the way to the polling place here in Cecil County and including all the signs around the poll there was only one small Brown sign by the parking lot.

But there are Brown voting machines changing votes, report in a different thread.

Any vote cast that is not for Hogan is a vote in favor of continuing things as they are since he is the only candidate for Governor with a chance of winning who would change the way things are done.

SoMd Ed

Apr 29, 2010
    First off, if the electoral system was truly fair, you would be correct. Maryland is a deep blue Democrat controlled state.

The Dems could care less about anyone providing "facts", they only care about winning. They will let you have all the "fact" you want, as long as they can tax the crap out of you, and control everything in your life.

It's a control thing. The Democrats decriminalized marijuana (not legalized) to garner votes. However, if you have paraphernalia, plan on having the book thrown at you and possibly your assets seized.

Exactly, its the same reason Republican's are switching stances on things like immigration. Both the Ds and the Rs do the same crap. Do you honestly believe the Republicans are any different? I mean really?

Anyways, I'm out, not going to derail this thread as it serves a great purpose of reminding people to vote. That is the one power we have to show these politicians we are tired of their crap.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Exactly, its the same reason Republican's are switching stances on things like immigration. Both the Ds and the Rs do the same crap. Do you honestly believe the Republicans are any different? I mean really?

Anyways, I'm out, not going to derail this thread as it serves a great purpose of reminding people to vote. That is the one power we have to show these politicians we are tired of their crap.

The R's are the same in general, when the ball is in their court. That's why it is called the two party system.

In this election, a vote for anyone but Hogan is a vote for Brown.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    It is "provide" fact that libertarians pull just as much from the Democrat candidate as they do the Republican candidate. It is also "provide" fact that if these other 2 parties wanted our votes they could get them if they wanted.

It is also "provide" fact that the more you guys assault people that think differently from you the less pro 2a people you have here. Hogan wasn't getting our votes period. The more you wish to assault us the more you push away pro 2a people. Its a wonder there are even pro 2a Dems or Libertarians here anymore with all this vitriol and hate. Face it, not voting for the candidate you wanted us to vote for because we aren't single issue voters do not make us any less pro 2a than yourselves.

Hopefully, most people are not single-issue voters...that doesn't change the way things work. Republicans and Democrats are the only two parties that can win this election; that's the way it has been for years, and the way it still is. By voting for another party, you are throwing a vote out the window. To say that it is a vote for Brown is yes, not quite true; it doesn't change the fact that the vote is worthless in the context of electing someone, and COULD have been gone towards a candidate who actually has a extremely high chance of winning this election.

If you have strong convictions that only the Libertarian candidate could embody and you continue to stand by them, knowing that they cannot possibly win, then I applaud your conviction and determination. In the bigger picture however, it is a meaningless vote that COULD have gone towards someone who actually could bring improvement in MULTIPLE key issues to this state.

Even if you dislike and disagree with Hogan, Brown has PROVEN via his track record that he is not qualified for this job...so it comes down to whether or not you choose the lesser of two evils, (if you view the candidate that way) both of whom will one way or the other provide both good and bad governance to different degrees, OR throw your vote out the window in the name of "principal".

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    I keep seeing pics like this on twitter from Maryland voters. My sticker was only in English, thank goodness. I may have flipped my lid if I was given a bilingual "I voted" sticker…

B1mo0G5CUAEEEqe.jpg

jspero

Aug 6, 2009
    One Foot Out The Door
    Voted. Almost no one in the place here in Carroll. The person checking me in said turn out was VERY low. At 8:30 there had only been about 50 people. I took my kids as a civics lesson. The low turn out was part of the lesson.

If you live in Carroll, GET THE HELL OUT AND VOTE!

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Voted. Almost no one in the place here in Carroll. The person checking me in said turn out was VERY low. At 8:30 there had only been about 50 people. I took my kids as a civics lesson. The low turn out was part of the lesson.

Voting at my place was steady. People were always walking in the door. There wasn't a line as I would have hoped for though. I voted around 1030ish and my wife and oldest are voting after school and work respectively.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

No kidding. I was down there at 11am and turnout was super light. Probably 10% as many voters compared to the same time of day last election.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Voting Schedule...

My ballot is cast. :)

Attachments

• Voting Instructions photo.JPG
      Voting Instructions photo.JPG
      109.1 KB · Views: 151

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I voted. All you Quinn and Brown voters are complete tools. Then again the libtard and libertarian plants always post more around election time and rarely post in gun threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom