• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I need to have my truck serviced tomorrow, (ECM issue)I know what is wrong and know it has to be done at a dealer. Hoping for either Jeff Barnes in Eldersburg or Len Stoler in Westminster.
    Thanks in advance
    Scott

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I have a shop as well. I have all dealer capabilities for all basic makes/models. Tell us what is going on and we can give some guidance

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. What seems to be the problem?

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Yeah we get in a lot from other shops as well. Can't blame them takes awhile to get a return on investment, especially when you factor in subscription cost.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah we get in a lot from other shops as well. Can't blame them takes awhile to get a return on investment, especially when you factor in subscription cost.

There are so many issues with gm products that can be fixed by a simple reprogram or module replacement that requires programming that the cost is probably recouped faster than other makes.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Jesus, I am a backyard mechanic and this is the first I have ever heard about reprogramming anything. Might be really glad I am a Ford guy, what with this GM reprogramming and all the GM recalls.

Its a LOT more detailed than people think. Dealers cost more because they have the tools and tech support from the factory.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Jesus, I am a backyard mechanic and this is the first I have ever heard about reprogramming anything. Might be really glad I am a Ford guy, what with this GM reprogramming and all the GM recalls.

GM isn't alone in this. I had a 2003 Explorer that had the ECM "updated" several times.

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    Whats really fun is trying to program a TCM for a buddy at his house when none of his computers have the appropriate plug to download the data. We had to drive to 3 different houses until we finally found a laptop that would work. Luckily he had several family members that lived near by. Darn you old Tech 2 technology! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom