GlockDoc's article about changing out RSA and pins?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Came across GlockDoc's article: http://www.theglockdoc.com/Glock_Maintenance.html and start to grow concerns.
    My gen3 G19 had about 50k rounds in the last 10 yrs without replacing any of the springs and did not show signs of frame wear.

My gen4 G17 had to go through major rebuilt after the first 2k rounds (locking block pin break, trigger assembly bent and bad RSA, it was the first batch of gen4 with all the problems). After another 8k rounds in the last two years, I can see the metal coating breaking off from the locking block pin, and the locking block also having surface material coming off. Although no frame wear as shown in GlockDoc's article, its making me thinking of replace the RSA and change out the blocks and pins. (Perhaps the titanium pin kit from Glockworx?)

Want to know your opinion! is it worth replacing the RSA as frequent as mentioned in GlockDoc's article, and if anyone use the titanium pins from Glockworx!

Thanks!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Avoid the titanium stuff. Just use factory stuff for pins and recoil assemblies. Yes his recommendation is something that's sound.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Will do just that.

Just curious what's wrong with the titanium???

9/10 times when I serviced problem Glocks as a Smith, it was because of marginal aftermarket barrels, lighter springs, aftermarket magazines, and titanium parts.

Your call. Couldn't pay me to put titanium parts in my glocks.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Glock suggests that the gun be detail cleaned & inspected by a Glock armorer yearly, and that the RSA is changed every 3000 rounds.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Understood!

I messed up pretty good last time when I did not listen to your advice on 40 to 9 conversion. Will stick with factory parts and order plenty of spares!

Thanks!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Perfection.

Another reason I don't understand the "I fired 10,000 rounds without as much as a cleaning" posts. Would you drive a car 100k miles before an oil change or even checking the level to prove it could? Take care of your stuff and it will take care of you.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    As my grandfather used to say: " If you take care of your tool, your tool will take care of you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom