• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmbstyle17

Dec 31, 2008
    Millersville
    So I just picked up a new Glock 23 gen 4, and when I pull the trigger and rack the slide, the trigger does not reset every time and stays depressed. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Is this something that can be a easy fix?

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Bring it back to the dealer. It's unfired right? Your dealer should take a hard look at it for you.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Yup. Take it to the dealer if you bought it from them. If its a transfer then send it back to block, its not the dealers problem if so.

Its hard to say that's causing the issue. Sounds like the trigger bar assy isn't catching the striker.

rmbstyle17

Dec 31, 2008
    Millersville
    Okay I think I fixed it. I disassembled it an noticed the disconnector seemed to be bent inwards a little far. so I took some pliers and bent it out a little. Now it seems to be re-cocking and resetting every time.

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Okay I think I fixed it. I disassembled it an noticed the disconnector seemed to be bent inwards a little far. so I took some pliers and bent it out a little. Now it seems to be re-cocking and resetting every time.

I've got the same gun if you need one to compare to, and not far from you. Hope it's fixed though. I love mine.

rmbstyle17

Dec 31, 2008
    Millersville
    And thank you everyone for your quick replies! I thought it was going to be a more serious problem because I have never had it happen before.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD

Weird. All my glocks have the discinnector bent ever so slightly. Never a problem like you describe.

If you're paranoid brand new disconnectors can be had for only a few dollars.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'd have it checked out anyway. If you had to bend it, there's no way to tell if it's fatigued, could fail prematurely.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I wouldn't trust my non-experienced gunsmith self to a home remedy with a pair of pliers that "seem to have done the trick" with a self defense pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom