Dec 27, 2012

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      36.5 KB · Views: 172

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Store both pistols in a holster with an integral mag holder. Pass the holster package to your wife.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005TIA332?vs=1

It's $8.00

I said the same thing in my post on page 1, and the more I think about this, the more I like it. Unless you ALWAYS store them with empty chambers, I don't like the idea of passing out guns to people, possibly in the dark and with sleep still in the head. Too great a chance of passing a pistol to your wife and having her accidentally grasp the trigger, which could result in you eating one! Especially since these are Glocks. Store them in holsters for safety, and if you're going yo store them in holsters, use one that has (or make yourself) an integrated magazine pouch.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_49&products_id=138

- Holds 20+1 rounds of 40S&W
    - Holds 23+1 rounds of 9mm
    - It will add a cant to the Glock 19 mags, Small base pad for Glock is recommended for the Glock 19
    - Easy to load into the gun with fully loaded magazine
    - Adds weight to magazine so mags drop free easier for faster reloads
    - Comes with ISMI +10% spring
    - CNC machined from billet aluminum
    - Hard Anodized
    - Made in the USA

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I said the same thing in my post on page 1, and the more I think about this, the more I like it. Unless you ALWAYS store them with empty chambers, I don't like the idea of passing out guns to people, possibly in the dark and with sleep still in the head. Too great a chance of passing a pistol to your wife and having her accidentally grasp the trigger, which could result in you eating one! Especially since these are Glocks. Store them in holsters for safety, and if you're going yo store them in holsters, use one that has (or make yourself) an integrated magazine pouch.

You know I read the part of your post about the conversion and somehow missed the rest of it. :o

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

When practiced with a particular SD platform... One develops "muscle memory" which WILL override even the sleepiest of people. It becomes subliminal and second nature. SD firearms should NOT be carried nor stored "at ready" with an empty chamber. In a full on "I NEED IT NOW!" assault... racking the slide to load one in takes FAR to long with two hands. And if you are fighting off your attacker with one of those hands... you may never get to the point where you can even do that. At most... you now have a club in your hand to hit the attacker with when you needed a firearm for your SD.

The key is PRACTICE...

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    When practiced with a particular SD platform... One develops "muscle memory" which WILL override even the sleepiest of people. It becomes subliminal and second nature. SD firearms should NOT be carried nor stored "at ready" with an empty chamber. In a full on "I NEED IT NOW!" assault... racking the slide to load one in takes FAR to long with two hands. And if you are fighting off your attacker with one of those hands... you may never get to the point where you can even do that. At most... you now have a club in your hand to hit the attacker with when you needed a firearm for your SD.

The key is PRACTICE...

I think you completely missed my point.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

I think you completely missed my point.

No... I do not think I did... But you may have missed mine.

It matters NOT that it is a Glock or any other platform. 1911, DAO, DA/SA, Semi auto, Revolver or flintlock... none of that makes any difference to the person who is practiced with that firearm. Muscle memory takes over from training and when not totally focused or when in the throws of a stressful situation, the person will do what they trained to do WITH THAT firearm. An empty chamber can render the SD firearm useless in the initial seconds of the assault when it is needed the most.

IF it is the chosen method... Passing a firearm to a partner is something that should be practiced with a non firing "blue-gun" which is used for training. OP should acquire one and practice using it with his wife. IF handing her the weapon is what he plans to do in any real live assault situation.

Practice
    Practice
    Practice

until it sticks.

However, the idea of an empty chamber for a SD firearm is NOT a good idea.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    No... I do not think I did... But you may have missed mine.

It matters NOT that it is a Glock or any other platform. 1911, DAO, DA/SA, Semi auto, Revolver or flintlock... none of that makes any difference to the person who is practiced with that firearm. Muscle memory takes over from training and when not totally focused or when in the throws of a stressful situation, the person will do what they trained to do WITH THAT firearm. An empty chamber can render the SD firearm useless in the initial seconds of the assault when it is needed the most.

IF it is the chosen method... Passing a firearm to a partner is something that should be practiced with a non firing "blue-gun" which is used for training. OP should acquire one and practice using it with his wife. IF handing her the weapon is what he plans to do in any real live assault situation.

Practice
    Practice
    Practice

until it sticks.

However, the idea of an empty chamber for a SD firearm is NOT a good idea.

I never advocated empty chamber. I said, "unless you keep it with an empty chamber". Some do. I'm not a fan and have posted on that topic in the past.

As for the rest, well, in the dark there are no guarantees. I'd rather be the one who gets the gun ready for action rather than have someone hand me a gun that's ready to roll. I don't care if we're both Delta Force super ninjas or how much training we've done together. There's still too great a chance the pistol gets handed to me the "wrong" way. Better to hand it in a holster and have the "receiver" of the bolstered find his or her own firing grip before drawing.

And I mentioned Glock because it has a relatively light trigger pull and no external safeties. So a misplaced finger in the trigger guard could be bad news. Not hating on Glock (I own 4 and they are my go-to pistols).

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Dont overthink this. Velcro her gun to her side of the bed in one of those holster magpouch combos. If 30 rds dont do it, you are dealing with zombies, get a 12ga for backup.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    How about a revolver that's going to go boom every time? These high round count scenarios just blow my mind.
    No one is going to train so much to the point that it becomes "muscle memory", (hate that term), especially a wife.
    A hammerless revolver that won't snag and can be fired from under a blanket, pillow or full out contact shot during a wrestling scenario. Mama is not doing a malfunction drill on a slide that ate part of a bed sheet. And no one trains for that.
    Train the worst case scenario which is someone charging to you through the door and you just waking up. You're most likely not getting out of bed to make a shot.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    How about a revolver that's going to go boom every time? These high round count scenarios just blow my mind.
    No one is going to train so much to the point that it becomes "muscle memory", (hate that term), especially a wife.
    A hammerless revolver that won't snag and can be fired from under a blanket, pillow or full out contact shot during a wrestling scenario. Mama is not doing a malfunction drill on a slide that ate part of a bed sheet. And no one trains for that.
    Train the worst case scenario which is someone charging to you through the door and you just waking up. You're most likely not getting out of bed to make a shot.

Don't ruin this for the bedroom Commando's.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

I'm neither high speed nor low drag. Quite the opposite. This seems like common sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom